Home

Help me make my draft picks for my created team

This is a discussion on Help me make my draft picks for my created team within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Help me make my draft picks for my created team

OK, first some background. Ever since 2002, I have used a created team in franchise and I love it. In fact, this one feature was enough to make me stick with current gen this year.

So I basically make the team like an expansion team. I replace the weakest team in the NFL (by record) each year. I then pick 1-2 players from each of the NFL teams until I get 30-42 players (like a real expansion draft) so I don't just create a team of free agents. These players must be chosen from the lowest five ranked players on each team that aren't rookies. For the team I replace, I release all their players to free agency but don't allow myself to sign any of them until after he season starts so the CPU has first chance to get them.

Then I allow myself to pick any player that was drafted in each of the rounds of the entry draft (to simulate having the first pick in each round). Only two rules: You can only take one pick per team (I replace that pick with the one from the team I initially replaced, by the way) and since Madden doesn't usually have lower draft picks, you may pick undrafted free agents in any round where a pick you want is not in the game or you can create that pick or the undrafted free agent.

So, based on that criteria, who would be your seven picks for Madden 07 and why. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »