Home

Madden '07 (360) Player Creation. Need Help!

This is a discussion on Madden '07 (360) Player Creation. Need Help! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden '07 (360) Player Creation. Need Help!

I'm all for superstar mode and any other extras that are put in Madden. But I can't play madden without doing a franchise. The player creation (not SS mode) is bad. I should have the ability to create him as I please. I can't do the position specific drill for WR or FS (coverage). All I want is an 80 ovr. player but he ends up having 99 spd, acc, agl at WR with 18 catch. What's that all about?

If anybody has any tips on how to do that drill please post them. No funny jokes, I already know that I suck at the coverage drill. Would changing difficulty make a difference?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden '07 (360) Player Creation. Need Help!

On the WR drill in the Create-a-player, the computer will do the run and catching for you. Don't touch anything. After a few attempts, you should get a pretty good WR Catch rating.

I know it defeats the purpose of EA's create-a-player, but it was the only way I'd get an above-80 WR.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerskunk
On the WR drill in the Create-a-player, the computer will do the run and catching for you. Don't touch anything. After a few attempts, you should get a pretty good WR Catch rating.

I know it defeats the purpose of EA's create-a-player, but it was the only way I'd get an above-80 WR.

Hope that helps.
Interaction at it's finest right there. Could have just let us create players the way we ALWAYS have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, EA.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Interaction at it's finest right there. Could have just let us create players the way we ALWAYS have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, EA.
I agree.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

For the WR drill, as soon as the play starts, run a slant towards the middle of the field, and after about 2 steps, push the right thumbstick right. It will get you open about 99.9994585% of the time for an easy touchdown, no matter who you are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #6
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENYON06
For the WR drill, as soon as the play starts, run a slant towards the middle of the field, and after about 2 steps, push the right thumbstick right. It will get you open about 99.9994585% of the time for an easy touchdown, no matter who you are.
Same thing if you flick the right thumbstick to the right as soon as the play starts and then run upfield.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Any QB advice? It's very frustrating that on the first snap, you can't see what routes your WR's are running, and afterthat the routes/plays are totally random.

And as it seems that the only way to get decent arm strength/accuracy is to get a very high score, you have to complete passes for touchdowns, not dink and dunk downfield on 5 consecutive drag and curl routes.

I would really like to have a decnet QB with SOME agility, but I can only seem to get decent arm strength with a pocket QB, not a balanced one. ANd I can only run with the 40 with a balanced QB, not a pocket one (my best 40 time is a 5.9)
Old 09-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

I've tried to make DE's, LB and QB's and the highest rating I've gotten was a 42!!!! This is plain stupid! WR and Halfbacks I've had success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »