Home

Xbox 360 patches

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 patches within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 12:53 PM   #25
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Xbox 360 patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
First off...they DID release a statement of responsibility claiming that there was a problem...so therefore they realize they screwed up. Next...they said they would work on a patch. Does it really take 10 days to get this resolved?? If I was a project manager I would mandate my people to work 10 hrs + and weekends until this was resolved. This never should have passed QA testing in the first place. So YES they are at fault. And I don't agree with your statement of good rapport...IF there was another option (ie. NFL 2k), EA would take a big hit...believe that. Read the boards...people are constanly becoming more and more frustrated with EA's actions. All we hear are words...........
Ok so you are contradicting yourself then, you blame EA for being honest, then you blame them for too much time on getting a fix, it you have ever done any coding you would realize that fixing things like this take a TON of time, and you don't know that they aren't devoting 10+ hours on this issue. Alot of what you are saying is based on assumption, not real knowledge on the subject.

And to clarify what you said, there ISN"T another option, let it go or go play something else, it's as simple as that. And the "frustration" is a bandwagon effect of people being glass half empty. Like I've said before, here at OS or any other video game site are very very few people in comparison to the masses who play these games. The masses don't even know that the fatigue is broken or don't care.

I for one am totally enjoying the game, yes I'm waiting for the patch but I'm not letting it ruin my fun with the game, I'm just being smarter with my playcalling instead of running the ball endlessly with the same HB.

Honestly if the patch is making you not enjoy the game, then I doubt that if it came out today or even on launch that you would enjoy the game either.

Some people just like being the ants at the picnic and it sounds like you are being an ant. Either that or you don't like the food being served. There are other options out there to spend time on. NCAA is one of them. If it has to be a NFL game you still have the option of playing older versions of Madden or 2K.

Peace - MM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 PM   #26
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

I respect your opinion, and have made some good points. I am a very positivie person, and not looking for something to focus negativity on, but I feel shafted out of $60, by getting a "broken" product. It is definitely more complex than it seems (getting the patch finished), and I understand that, but the lack of communication is rediculous. Can you really argue/disagree with that point??? And to say that the patch should be available before or at release, sets a time frame...and when that time frame came and went, they could let us know where things stand NOW!!
Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 PM   #27
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Quote:
I respect your opinion, and have made some good points. I am a very positivie person, and not looking for something to focus negativity on, but I feel shafted out of $60, by getting a "broken" product. It is definitely more complex than it seems (getting the patch finished), and I understand that, but the lack of communication is rediculous. Can you really argue/disagree with that point???
Dude, I respect what you are saying too.

I don't know what you mean, obviously EA did confirm that fatigue is broken online and that they are getting a patch out for it asap. Asap can be interpreted in alot of ways. Some people think that means tomorrow, and some people think that could mean 1-2 months.

If you are looking for a day-by-day update on this patch issue just realize that for console games you usually find out the day before it is released to the public. Like I said before it's only been 10 days. I'd expect it out within a month of launch (Sept 22) but if it goes past that date I wouldn't be suprised either.

Yes it would be nice if EA made a day-by-day thread but honestly all it would do is:
1) Alert people (who don't know) to the fatigue issue.
2) Make some people bitch that they are wasting time posting about the patch instead of getting it fixed.
3) Frustrate people more. - Seriously, how would it sound if you saw 8/23 - Working on patch, 8/24 - Working on patch, 8/25 - Working on patch...........8/30 - Working on patch, etc etc etc.

It would be repetitive and just cause more frustration imo.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 PM   #28
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Dude, I respect what you are saying too.

I don't know what you mean, obviously EA did confirm that fatigue is broken online and that they are getting a patch out for it asap. Asap can be interpreted in alot of ways. Some people think that means tomorrow, and some people think that could mean 1-2 months.

If you are looking for a day-by-day update on this patch issue just realize that for console games you usually find out the day before it is released to the public. Like I said before it's only been 10 days. I'd expect it out within a month of launch (Sept 22) but if it goes past that date I wouldn't be suprised either.

Yes it would be nice if EA made a day-by-day thread but honestly all it would do is:
1) Alert people (who don't know) to the fatigue issue.
2) Make some people bitch that they are wasting time posting about the patch instead of getting it fixed.
3) Frustrate people more. - Seriously, how would it sound if you saw 8/23 - Working on patch, 8/24 - Working on patch, 8/25 - Working on patch...........8/30 - Working on patch, etc etc etc.

It would be repetitive and just cause more frustration imo.
Do you work for EA????? haha...just kidding

I hear ya...but please don't exaggerate...a weekly update wouldn't kill anyone. But we are 'splitting hairs' here anyway. They are not going to change their process, and we just have to accept that. I just wanted to voice my own opinion in the matter.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Me personally, It would be nice to hear something, whether it be "We are still presently working on the fix for fatigue, or something to that effect". I am not looking for a daily report. As for people not knowing about the fatigue. I would not be suprised if more know about it than not. Just my 1 cent.

The reality is the this thing is broke and the fatigue is a huge factor when it comes to realism for thousands of players. Ea has no problem updating on new games and how the games are coming along before release, but now that there is a problem, they have turned a deaf ear as far as I am concerned. PEACE!! fellows
Old 08-31-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Quote:
Do you work for EA????? haha...just kidding

I hear ya...but please don't exaggerate...a weekly update wouldn't kill anyone. But we are 'splitting hairs' here anyway. They are not going to change their process, and we just have to accept that. I just wanted to voice my own opinion in the matter.
Yeah it's cool, and NO I don't work for EA. I do however work for a marketing firm that is completely unrelated to video games and I can definately see why EA is doing things the way they are. Remember first and foremost that EA is in the business to make money, if you look at it from that perspective thier actions make more sense.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-31-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:17 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If people are antsy(sorry for the pun), email EA CS and ask them for a timetable.

It will get here when it get's here. Patience is a virtue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #32
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Yeah it's cool, and NO I don't work for EA. I do however work for a marketing firm that is completely unrelated to video games and I can definately see why EA is doing things the way they are. Remember first and foremost that EA is in the business to make money, if you look at it from that perspective thier actions make more sense.
I hear ya...BUT name recognition is very big, and their name is constantly 'drug through the dirt'. And you know who is doing the dragging??? THEM!! Small moves can go a long way in people having more respect for a firm/company. It is no secret that 2K comes out with games with bugs often, HOWEVER they are normally always on top of timely patches. And for that, I give them a lot of credit.

On a side note....I own some EA stock...so by no means do I hate EA. I hate their antics sometimes!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »