Home

Which version is most realistic?

This is a discussion on Which version is most realistic? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Which version is most realistic?

For those that have more than one version, which game do you find most realistic in terms of gameplay: Current gen, next gen or PC? I'd be interested in any comments on CPU AI, game results, simmed stats, player progression and realistic visuals/graphics. Any comments would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Which version is most realistic?

same game, same gameplay, 2K5 is more realistic...:y4:
The creators worked on improving everything but the gameplay and the XBOX and PS2 let you do more editing.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

I have the PC version and the 360.

From those two (I enjoy both), the PC version is the more realistic. I get low scores with a good number of plays (I love accelerated clock).
Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
same game, same gameplay, 2K5 is more realistic...:y4:
The creators worked on improving everything but the gameplay and the XBOX and PS2 let you do more editing.
Jesus Christ I am sick of hearing about the 2K series. LET IT GO. That game was so overrated and so riddled with bugs (especially in the franchise) that it makes the problems Madden has look miniscule in comparison.

Before you come back with the standard issue Sega reply, let me say that I bought every iteration of the game, back to the Dreamcast, and never preferred the single player part of the game because the realism wasn't there. For multiplayer, it was great, better than Madden even, but the single player WAS NOT more realistic, especially in the Franchise.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #5
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
I have the PC version and the 360.

From those two (I enjoy both), the PC version is the more realistic. I get low scores with a good number of plays (I love accelerated clock).

Same here, I have both versions and have to agree that the PC gameplay is much better. I have had some of the most competetive games on the PC with very believable stats. Just has a much more fluid feel to it and looks better during gameplay. The 360 shines when viewing replays and closeup player shots.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Between the 360 version and PC, I would recommend the PC version. Don't get me wrong, I like the 360 version but it is just rediculous. When I found out that you can't actually create a player in the "create a player mode" because you can't edit the attributes, the game never had a chance in my hand. It sucks right away.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
Rookie

rickypro's Arena

OVR: 4

I have 360 and PC also. I am more into the franchise stuff and there is no comparison. PC is far superior as far as the franchise goes. The PC sim engine is a little crazy but with Madden Amp I am getting very realistic sim stats now too. I like them both but if I could only play one, the PC would be an easy choice.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #8
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

In a perfect world I would combine the two (PC and 360).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »