Home

PC controller setup...

This is a discussion on PC controller setup... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
PC controller setup...

I am using a 360 controller to play Madden and I was just wondering if its possible to set the PRESNAP buttons. Right now my snap the ball button is RT when it should be A and all my other buttons like HOT ROUTE and AUDIBLES are in different places. Can someone help me with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PC controller setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quochai
I am using a 360 controller to play Madden and I was just wondering if its possible to set the PRESNAP buttons. Right now my snap the ball button is RT when it should be A and all my other buttons like HOT ROUTE and AUDIBLES are in different places. Can someone help me with this?
I've got the PC version as well and believe that you can change the PRESNAP settings. By default, my snap the ball action was assigned to the "A" button as it should be. I've got my settings pretty close to what I want but it still sucks bouncing back a forth between the PC version and the 360. I've still got to tweak these so everything works the same. Not sure if it is possibble......

Has anybody been successful in setting up there 360 PC controller identical to the settings on the 360 ???

PSN: hoos4974
Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
I've got the PC version as well and believe that you can change the PRESNAP settings. By default, my snap the ball action was assigned to the "A" button as it should be. I've got my settings pretty close to what I want but it still sucks bouncing back a forth between the PC version and the 360. I've still got to tweak these so everything works the same. Not sure if it is possibble......

Has anybody been successful in setting up there 360 PC controller identical to the settings on the 360 ???
Are you using a 360 controller ? I am, and I can't find how to change my presnap setting anywhere...and why is my default RT? Please let me know if you know where to change the presnap settings?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #4
MVP

Hoos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quochai
Are you using a 360 controller ? I am, and I can't find how to change my presnap setting anywhere...and why is my default RT? Please let me know if you know where to change the presnap settings?
I guess I should have said "I think it's there". Let me check into it and I'll let you know. Maybe I can email my controller config file to you if I can find it.

Are you using the standard wired XBox 360 controller or is it the special PC 360 controller that they sell?? Maybe these are configured differently. I dont know...........

Old 09-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
MVP

Hoos's Arena

Smile Re: PC controller setup...

I've looked but can't find the pre-snap settings either. I also looked for a controller settings file and can't locate it.......Hmmm

I'll keep checking

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

i have the xbox 360 wired controller for the pc..please send me your config to my email..

[email protected]
Twitter Mnofsteel3432
Facebook Dennis Butler

Feel free to add me
Old 09-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

my problem is i cannot change some of the buttons to play like the 360 version..i am using the controller that came with my xbox 360..

should the light around the x be on when i plug the controller in, because it ain't?

this is frustrating, please help!!!
Twitter Mnofsteel3432
Facebook Dennis Butler

Feel free to add me
Old 09-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11

If you're using microsoft's 360 controller driver, the lights around the "X" aren't supposed to come on at all. And the first time you use it in Madden, all of the defaults should be correctly set, well at least most of them. I had to change the linebacker strafe to the left trigger instead of LB.

Worse comes to worse just uninstall microsoft's driver and maybe madden and reinstall both of them. Everything should then be set back to the correct defaults.

If you're using the XBCD driver, you get numbers for receiver icons instead, and some buttons become hard to map. That's why microsoft's driver is the one to use in this case.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »