Home

Sim stats current gen

This is a discussion on Sim stats current gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sim stats current gen

has anyone found a way to get accurate sim stats for a season. i just simmed a couple seasons and the running stats are huge! many guys over 2000yds thats just not right, its because theyre getting like 450 carries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sim stats current gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
has anyone found a way to get accurate sim stats for a season. i just simmed a couple seasons and the running stats are huge! many guys over 2000yds thats just not right, its because theyre getting like 450 carries
The easiest way to do it that will get it pretty darn close is to simply control all 32 teams in 'chise mose and then set all the other 31 coaches you're NOT playing as to 'plus 7' to the pass...

Example:

If Lovie Smith (Bears) default setting is 48 run and 52 pass then you sim Bears games at 41 run and 59 pass...

When you play the Bears (for example) you should set the coach slider to the reverse of the sim setting, in this case 59 run and 41 pass...

This will create a much more balanced attack and playcalling for the CPU controlled teams...

The (well documented) problem with the AI playcalling has to do with the calls being made in both sim and played games according to the percentages of run vs. pass plays in the teams playbook...NOT by the setting for the coach sliders...

This system is not perfect due the subsitiution problem with CPU teams, but it's as close as I've been able to get for now...

Just remeber to reset appropriate coach sliders before and after played games or it all gets pretty wack...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-03-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

How accurate are the stats that you are getting then?

I am considering restarting if this works well.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

I have heard that playing all your games help.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

If you are playing with the Xbox or ps2 current gen then try my Sliders out you won't need to control other teams they are for pro mode. on my sliders I will admit injuries are some what a problem but its a small price to pay for the realistic attempts for simming a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
How accurate are the stats that you are getting then?

I am considering restarting if this works well.
With the injury slider set at around 104 for played games and 105 for simmed games the carry totals are accurate, the ammount of 1,000 yard recievers and 100 catch recievers is very close...

Too many TDs passing and not enought INTs doesn't seem to be quite accurate...too many TDs and not enough INTs...

But the other coach mode sliders don't do anything AGAIN this year, so there's no way to alter based on those...

I've simmed a bunch of seasons and this is the closest to NFL avgs that I've found...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA
If you are playing with the Xbox or ps2 current gen then try my Sliders out you won't need to control other teams they are for pro mode. on my sliders I will admit injuries are some what a problem but its a small price to pay for the realistic attempts for simming a season.
The injury slider helps a lot...as well as making sure that the starting HB is not in ANY of the three positions on the depth chart...

But the other gameplay sliders haven't affected the sim engine in any version of Madden to date...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone having problems with injured players still playing, and Played games having no injuries when players are suppossed to be hurt and out of lineup,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »