Home

Gang tackling discussed in PS2 HOF Edition DVD...

This is a discussion on Gang tackling discussed in PS2 HOF Edition DVD... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Gang tackling discussed in PS2 HOF Edition DVD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
How could another defender comming out of nowhere to gang on tackle be scripted??????

If thats the case then 2k series was scripted like you say.

Your not making anysense.

It is probably scripted so that the user cannot assist in tackles. I said probably because I cannot get confirmation on this but if it is same kind of mo cap animations it will not be all that good.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 09-04-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:36 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
It is scripted so that the user cannot assist in tackles.
You are truly lost buddy...

Quote:
and a third tackler will join in to push the ball carrier back...
You see that right there?....So you are saying we "THE USER" cannot join on and finish the tackle?

You are saying a CPU controlled player will run from across the field and finish the tackle instead of us?

Please man.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
You are truly lost buddy...

You see that right there?....So you are saying we "THE USER" cannot join on and finish the tackle?

You are saying a CPU controlled player will run from across the field and finish the tackle instead of us?

Please man.

I am saying that the user probably cannot assist in tackles. Notice how in Madden 360 when try to assist in tackles you just bounce off. Well if it is the same engine then this will probably be same for the PS3 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
EA has gone from suck to blow.

Seriously, it shouldn't be a big thing to have gang tackling be installed into a video game.
lol, so true unfortunately. Really shouldn't be the issue that it is

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-04-2006, 01:49 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I am saying that the user probably cannot assist in tackles. Notice how in Madden 360 when try to assist in tackles you just bounce off. Well if it is the same engine then this will probably be same for the PS3 version.
My man...lol..You are talking nonsense.

Why are you basing this off a game that has NO gang tackles at all?

The engine can't grow? Their are things that are in Madden 2007 that we haven't seen on Madden 2006 Next Gen.

Lets have hope man. I hope EA does this because this will be another thing that is checked off my list for EA to get right.

I know I've been negative about the game but it was for a good reason and if this is done then boyyyyy I will be happy.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
My man...lol..You are talking nonsense.

The engine can't grow? Their are things that are in Madden 2007 that we haven't seen on Madden 2006 Next Gen.

Lets have hope man. I hope EA does this because this will be another thing that is checked off my list for EA to get right.

I know I've been negative about the game but it was for a good reason and if this is done then boyyyyy I will be happy.

If it is true gang tackling then great,but the way the animations are done it seems unlikely. There will probably be scripted two man wrap up tackles with a third player assisting in the tackle with little user control. This is speculation, but we will see.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:

Well, next gen Madden doesn't have the multiple player tackles that current gen has. So even adding that could be considered an improvement

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-04-2006, 02:21 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
But the PS3 version could be different than the 360 version. I'm not saying EA won't just port it over (they've done this many times in the past), but we just don't know. It's really not worth speculating over as none of us know.

I'm not sure what can make someone so sure that it won't be there in the PS3 version when none of us have played it.

Personally, I don't care as I'm not buying a PS3, but it's conceivable that it will be implemented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »