Home

Is Madden 07 (360) really this bad?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 07 (360) really this bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Is Madden 07 (360) really this bad?

Quote:
I don't care what the fanboys say, this game is an embarassment to Next Gen Football gaming, period.
So what you're saying is, those like myself, who like the game, are fanboys? Good luck with the 2 year old, NFL 2K5.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 09-05-2006, 01:14 AM   #18
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Madden 07 is not that bad, but it could have been so much better....it is better than 06 though and they DID make a lot of improvements to the game - like SS mode, better graphics, and better gameplay at least compared to 06. Where Madden 360 failed this year was the franchise mode...it's lacking feature wise compared to the current gen versions and some of the most enjoyable aspects for me on the mode are broken (imported draft classes ageing when you train them, shoddy player progression etc.) Being a franchise buff, I can't play Madden 07 on 360 because it's a massive disappointment that EA didn't spice that part of the game up
Old 09-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Good luck with the 2 year old, NFL 2K5.
Turns out I am having some luck with NFL 2K5. I forgot how great this game plays. Not perfect - by any means - but not boring. I'm sure you're saying, "well good for you!" Well, I agree. Good for me.

There are a few things I can put up with in my video games. I can deal with "ugly," "campy," and "slow"... I can put up with "primitive," "exploitable," and even a little bit of "broken"... but "BORING" I cannot abide. "Choppy" is no picnic for me either.

You may say that NFl 2K5 is some of those things, and you may be right... but "boring" it is not.

This is just my personal opinion. I feel the need to qualify this post like that because I know the likelihood of my needing an asbestos sweater in this thread is very high.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #20
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

madden for 360 has framerate issues. Especially during menus and transitions. Anyone who tells you "its fine" or "i have not noticed that" is either lying or isn't looking.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #21
Rookie

tuch94's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork
After playing this game at a friends house for a few hours i really have nothing good to say about it. I know Madden 06 for the 360 was bad, but this game seems to be just as bad. Is it just me? because i honestly could not believe i was playing a football game on a next gen system.

2nd off, I enjoy EA's attempt at college football...those college football games are great and i have and do play NCAA 07 all the time for current gen xbox.

some irritating things i found about this game:

1. Choppiness - WTF? why is this game so choppy? does this have to do with my friends 60" tv? When a play is over and they start scanning the stadium, the scenes are so choppy and irregular it just seems 'crappy'.

2. Gameplay? Give me a break...HORRID. WOW, you literally cannot do anything. You cant play safety and attempt to swat or intercept a pass because the controlls are so delayed. You make any attempt at a ball in the air you'll miss 90% of the time and then its a free TD for the opposing team. There is much more - Herky jerky movements, horrible clipping issues, same animations over and over (esp. when QB is walking to the line of scrimmage).

3. Online - wow, so delayed and unplayable..i was able to go for it on 4th and 15..i was able to launch Hail Marrys and score TD's 5 times...no offense but it was a joke.

Without going into too much detail i just found this game to be overall dissapointing and literally unplayable. I have no desire to go back to my friends and to challenge him to a Madden battle nor do i have the desire to pick up a 360 anymore. Can all of the above be attributed to poor performance due to the 62" TV my friend has or is this game just 'that bad'?? If this is true then all i can say is wow, look at the crap that is sold to consumers when there is no competition - i really hope something happens (i.e. other companies start making generic football games) because the next gen madden football is just extremely sad and a joke of a game.

I dont know what you are talking about, its a great game compared to last year and I enjoy the game so much more than the current gen, just get used to the changes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

It's not a bad game at all. I think the issues that people have with it are the bugs (fatigue is a gamekiller to many) and the lack of features compared to the current gen. I understand why a current gen player wouldn't want to make the switch and lose all those features that have made Madden what it is.

The gameplay is good, not great. I think many of us were hoping that the new system would have cut out suction blocking, horrible DB AI, and other issues that have been with Madden gameplay for years. Although I like this system a little better, I guess I was just hoping for more from a next gen game.

Personally, I would have stuck with the current gen game if it wasn't for the fatigue issue.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Stick with your PS2 version, it's probably more suitable to your style.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #24
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

it's head & shoulders ahead of current gen Madden, but I'l still enjoying NCAA 360 a lot more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »