Home

LETS BE HONEST!!!!

This is a discussion on LETS BE HONEST!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #17
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: LETS BE HONEST!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I get this but "lets be honest" what's realistic and challenging about comeback AI and linebackers with 56 inch verticle leaps? What about dropped passes at the wrong time? EA sickens me with this kind of garbage.
Exactly.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I get this but "lets be honest" what's realistic and challenging about comeback AI and linebackers with 56 inch verticle leaps? What about dropped passes at the wrong time? EA sickens me with this kind of garbage.

true true true......
Old 09-07-2006, 06:26 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 7

Not giving EA a pass here, but look at some of the stuff that happens in the NFL in real life, some of that might be called B.S. Garbage too...Imagine how pissed you'd get if you had a play like the Immaculate Reception,Holy Roller,Miracle at meadowlands,Snow Bowl, in a game..Irritating yes, but hey stuff happens..I take it as a loss and move on..Its a video Game, it has flaws & Errors, W\o true A.I. there will always be something somewhere that doesn't go as planned...I just take it for what it is.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 AM   #20
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

maybe when I was in the 3rd grade.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:03 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
LOL,...HELLL YEAHHH....

Before you cut the game off you always have to say "MAN F*** THIS S***!!!!"......**CLICK**
HAHA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #22
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

I almost cut the game off last night. My QB "fumbled" at my own 7, and they got the ball. I knew, even without looking at a replay, that the ground caused the fumble. The challenge play option was not available to me, even though it was not in the last 2 minutes of the game, and I had not used any of my time outs. So, I waited until the other team's offense got up to the line of scrimmage, and the option was still not available. So I looke dat the replay and there was no question; the QB was down and didn't fumble the ball until the ball hit the ground. Its' things like this that make me want to restart the game. I understand bad calls on the field; they happen. However, on the field, they can challenge the bad calls. Madden 07 doesn't always let you challenge. In this case, it cost me, because the otrher team scored.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:06 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have once with 07, because I was mashing on the fair-catch button on two successive punt returns and it never called the fair catch, so I was tackled which caused a fumble which was returned for a touchdown both times. It wouldn't have changed the outcome (I was up like 66-10) but it pissed me off. I don't mind losing at all, but I can't stand it when the game screws up. (And yes, the returner was selected, and yes, I know how to call a fair catch, etc. etc.)

The only other time I was tempted was when my QB ran a ball into the endzone, was hit AFTER the ball crossed the goal line, fumbed it, and the fumble was returned for a touchdown. Challenged, the play stands. Looking at the instant replay, it was OBVIOUS. I'm glad I didn't quit though, that game had one of the more exciting endings I've ever played. That fumble return gave them a 1 point lead with 2:25 to play. The very next offensive play, they intercepted it and returned it for another TD, so they were up 8. I drove the field and managed to score a touchdown, but failed on the 2 point conversion, so I did an onside kick and, for the first time ever, recovered it. Then I got into extreme field goal range (no timeouts left) and kicked the game winning field goal as time expired.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:25 PM   #24
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtcurt
when playing ncaa madden or whatever, have you EVER cut the game off instead of taking a lost? I'll have to admit last year i would do it once in a while but i haven't done it YET this year. Have any of you guys ever done this?......*lol*

Yes, I did this once. Then I turned 8 years old and learned to take my lumps like a man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »