Home

Good lord passing is impossible...I suck.

This is a discussion on Good lord passing is impossible...I suck. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #17
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Good lord passing is impossible...I suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbrewcity
Just wanted to thank everyone for their tips. After some practice, using hot routes, making pre-snap reads, I just finished a game on all-pro where I was 11-13, clearing well beyond my expectations. Now I need to figure out how to get more passing yardage, but I'm thinking the only way to do that is play longer quarters. It just refuses to let me keep passing deep.

Thank you OS!
I play with the Bears and using Rex Grossman, well, I wish I had a better QB but I have learned to adapt. I play on All Madden and one thing I do is really make sure that I have a good balance of running and passing plays. If you get hot on passing, you can get cold really fast as the AI will always anticipate the pass. Also move your FB over for better pass blocking and such. Despite Grossman being a bit of a slow poke, with good pass blocking, I am actually able to roll out left or right and throw to an open receiver on a slot comeback play. And don't be afraid to go deep, just make sure to pump the specific receiver button a couple of times to get air - that's how I usually hook up with Muhsin Muhammad for at least a 30+ yard catch a game.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 AM   #18
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
frye is only rated 81.
Frye is rated 81?!!!?! Holy crap. For an unproven starting qb, thats really high, I think. 75 or so would seem much more accurate, but thats just me.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #19
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbrewcity
Nah, this is the 360 version. AM I SERIOUSLY THAT BAD??? Yikes. I'd give out my gamertag but heck, OS would throttle me.

Dude i know exactly what you mean, my first games were horrible passer rating wise. I couldn't complete even 40% of my throwns. But then i started using the "West Coast" system. Nice short passes to Issac, Torry, Looker and Curtis.

With the deep balls sometimes its still a toss up, but if you can't seem to pass well; I would attempt the shorter passes.

The olny downside though is that i olny average 160-180 yards passing a game
Old 09-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

The key is setting up the run, then your opponent is going to thing run the entire game. The downside is if you have a crap HB. I would rather rush for 100+ yards then throw for 300+ based on clock control. If you are averaging 160-180 yards passing marshallfever and winning the game with Jackson on the ground stick to that game.

I have found that more often than not this game seems to keep the score tight. If you throw the ball 25-30+ times a game you'll probably wind up throwing at least 3 INTs (unless you're deadly accurate). Using the short passing game is awesome if you can tell what defense your opponent is running. Check out the maddentips.com strategy guide like previously mentioned and you'll see this game in a new light...just don't tell your opponents.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah, and I was playing with Green Bay, and probably part of my reason for only throwing 13 balls was because I was doing well rushing.

I had one awesome touchdown though...saw the safeties cheating up, hot routed a fly pattern, had Favre do his patented "chuck and duck", and took control of the receiver as the CB got dusted.

Almost jumped off the couch on that one...just because I was struggling hard for quite a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »