Home

Is current gen play better than 360?

This is a discussion on Is current gen play better than 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is current gen play better than 360?

I couldn't stand the 360 version. I like the Xbox version by far, franchise mode...plus a couple things they took out on offense and defense, no editing players and so on.

I'll take gameplay any day over graphics.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:36 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Yep xbox version, 360 version has pretty graphics and more motion captures, nothing iwith substance that tells me it's a nextgen football gaming experience or engine.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFan24
BK, I'm not attacking your opinion or anything of the sort, I'm just simply asking, What is it about the 360 version that makes you like it so much better than current gen?
Strictly my opinion. But I like the way the way the game engine is heading. Also keep in mind, I really haven't liked previous versions of Maddens for about the last 3 or 4 years, and was a big 2k fan.

I love the run game. Especially inside. Best running game in a football video game, not made by 2k. Passiig game is very good also, although with every game I have ever played, corner routes sometimes are too easy. I love the fact that QB's will actually miss their targets. . I love the graphics, animations and stadiums. (Yes I am becoming a graphics whore in my old age). I like the fact, that unlike the current gen versions, I get the feeling that ratings actually matter. I can really tell the subtle differences in the different players. Speed is no longer the only rating that matters. Just a lot of little subtle things in the gameplay.

So take my opinion with a grain of salt, I really haven't been a big fan of current gen Madden for a few years, there are a lot more features implemented in the current gen game, franchise mode is much less problematic in the current gen versions. With all that being said, on the field, I much, much prefer the Next Gen version. There is no going back for me.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #20
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I am sticking with current gen on this one and the reason why is because I primarily play Madden for the franchise mode and obviously, the best franchise mode is on the Current gen systems. Sadly, I like the gameplay and graphics on the 360, but the lack of features on franchise really hurt its appeal for me and I went to the X-Box (soon to be PS2 due to injury bugs in the X-Box and the ability to transfer my franchise to PSP).

Hopefully 08 will be better on next gen in terms of more features and less bugs and glitches
Old 09-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
I am sticking with current gen on this one and the reason why is because I primarily play Madden for the franchise mode and obviously, the best franchise mode is on the Current gen systems. Sadly, I like the gameplay and graphics on the 360, but the lack of features on franchise really hurt its appeal for me and I went to the X-Box (soon to be PS2 due to injury bugs in the X-Box and the ability to transfer my franchise to PSP).

Hopefully 08 will be better on next gen in terms of more features and less bugs and glitches
How is the PSP version? I may have to try that PSP/PS2 for franchise stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
If we are talking game play alone, the 360 is by far the best version.
I beg to differ. I have both the 360 version and pc version...and the pc version really blows away the 360 in almost every aspect, except graphics. But the gameplay far exceeds the 360 and more than makes up for the lack of eye-candy (and it's still a pretty game).
Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #23
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Same here. I really enjoy the 360 version more by a big margin over my PS2 version, but until fatigue is fixed, it's online and SS mode only for the 360 version.
Um, everyone saying fatigue needs to be fixed. But EA has repeatedly said that fatigue is working properly (toned down) and that they only have to PATCH how it is being displayed.

If you guys are expecting for fatigue to make the guys more tired and fumble the ball more or run slower I wouldn't expect that at all.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How is the PSP version? I may have to try that PSP/PS2 for franchise stuff.
PSP version is really good. I played it for hours on my vacation and the franchise mode is close to the PS2/XBOX version. The deep ball online is there but it is a good value.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »