Home

Is current gen play better than 360?

This is a discussion on Is current gen play better than 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Is current gen play better than 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Um, everyone saying fatigue needs to be fixed. But EA has repeatedly said that fatigue is working properly (toned down) and that they only have to PATCH how it is being displayed.

If you guys are expecting for fatigue to make the guys more tired and fumble the ball more or run slower I wouldn't expect that at all.
I know what EA said, but I am taking a wait and see approach. Not to mention, due to the issues with fatigue, the autosubs aren't working either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #26
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I beg to differ. I have both the 360 version and pc version...and the pc version really blows away the 360 in almost every aspect, except graphics. But the gameplay far exceeds the 360 and more than makes up for the lack of eye-candy (and it's still a pretty game).
I own the 360 version and the PC version as well. The depth of the PC version is amazing, as far as franchise mode, editability, etc, goes...is amazing.

But if we are talking about just that actually gameplay itself, i'd play the 360 version 10 times out of ten. I do not know exactly what it is, the weight of the players, the run game, how you throw the ball, but I love it. If they can add too that game play, I will be happy.

The PC version plays a very good game. I consider it the highest refinement of the last generation of Madden. But it is still that, the last generation of madden.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I know what EA said, but I am taking a wait and see approach. Not to mention, due to the issues with fatigue, the autosubs aren't working either.
And there is no lefty glitch either, we made it that way on purpose.
....skip a year ahead....
Yeah there was an issue with the leftys and top spin on the ball.

Sorry just a little MVP Baseball reference for anyone that knows what I'm talking about. My purpose of this was to say don't trust them at all. They will patch it and you will see more of a difference in fatigue, but they will just say we can see it on the bars now, it was always there.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:15 AM   #28
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How is the PSP version? I may have to try that PSP/PS2 for franchise stuff.
It's really good BK - the PSP version is much better this year than last year's version with the only issues for me being the awkward control scheme for highlight stick and defensive playmaker controls due to the fact that the PSP does not have a second analog stick. Otherwise, Madden PSP is very solid with close to PS2 graphics I'd recommend it if you own the PS2 and want to synch your franchises together
Old 09-09-2006, 04:05 AM   #29
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
The PC version plays a very good game. I consider it the highest refinement of the last generation of Madden. But it is still that, the last generation of madden.
Yes, but when the difference between "old" and "new" is graphics and a few extra animations, it's not hard to see why people prefer the "old". Very little else has changed, which is smart by EA - it sold great before, why change the formula.

If you took away the 360's models and plugged in the models from the PC version, I think you're looking at very, very similar gameplay. The line between "old" and "new" would certainly be very hard to see, so I don't think, if you're speaking purely from a gameplay POV, "the last generation of Madden" is significant at all. Particularly when many, including myself, feel the it plays and feels more fluent anyway (speaking from the PC anyway).
Old 09-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #30
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Yes, but when the difference between "old" and "new" is graphics and a few extra animations, it's not hard to see why people prefer the "old". Very little else has changed, which is smart by EA - it sold great before, why change the formula.

If you took away the 360's models and plugged in the models from the PC version, I think you're looking at very, very similar gameplay. The line between "old" and "new" would certainly be very hard to see, so I don't think, if you're speaking purely from a gameplay POV, "the last generation of Madden" is significant at all. Particularly when many, including myself, feel the it plays and feels more fluent anyway (speaking from the PC anyway).
Like I said earlier, it's not all cosmetic. I feel the players have more weight (if that makes sense)...which helps give the run game a better feel. especially when running inside. That helps with the passing game as well, because it affects the ball when you throw it.

Thinking more about, it appears that it is the physics of the 360game that I am enjoying while playing. And that is taking nothing away from the PC version, which I enjoy as well. But if there was no franchise mode, no season mode, you could only play one game at a time...I would play the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »