Home

Importing Draft Classes from NCAA and Numbers Issue

This is a discussion on Importing Draft Classes from NCAA and Numbers Issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Importing Draft Classes from NCAA and Numbers Issue

that sucks about the block shedding thing - I really like to play with the real players but if the quality of the defenses is going to degrade over time then I guess I won't be doing that...

Also, what is the "DE issue"? I've heard a couple people mention it in this thread but don't know what it is. Is it specific to the MG draft classes?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
that sucks about the block shedding thing - I really like to play with the real players but if the quality of the defenses is going to degrade over time then I guess I won't be doing that...

Also, what is the "DE issue"? I've heard a couple people mention it in this thread but don't know what it is. Is it specific to the MG draft classes?
It refers to a bug in the 360 Madden generated draft class where a bunch of DE's are positioned to be 1st rounders and top 10 at that. Start a test franchise, sim to the draft, and you'll see the issue.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #19
Rookie

Unhappy Re: Importing Draft Classes from NCAA and Numbers Issue

Yea I'll check it out tonight . It sounds like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation with the draft classes this year...
Old 09-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #20
Banned

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

What? don't know what you are talking about sorry man...

I did check out the draft tonight though - there were 5 DE's drafted in the top 10 - it does even out though after the first round or so. It seems that Madden rates all the DE's too high - Guess we'll have to live with it though unless we want to screw around with the terrible block shedding...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It is kind of funny how when importing a draft class Brady Quinn can be the number one prospect and if you reload it again he could be a 3rd rounder. You would think they could have implemented some kind of formula to base the college player ratings off of. Like speed should never be changed more then a few clicks cause it’s not like the players get slower when entering the NFL.

Anyways, my main point is that I have simmed through a few seasons in franchise mode (im in 2012 I believe) and what "feeq14" said about the block shedding might actually be a big problem with this game. As the years pass the Offensive Players get better and better while the Defensive Players get worse and worse. This causes outrageous offensive numbers throughout the season. The number one defense in 2012 allowed 24 points per game. That’s the number one defense.

Also, as you all know, the QB INT numbers are all jacked up. When Mark Brunell throws 36 TD's and 1 INT something is definitely wrong. Because of the high offensive numbers (since Madden's player progression is based on team and player stats) the Offensive players continue to get crazy good while the defensive players get worse and worse even if they have good individual seasons because the Team Defense for all the teams is so bad. This results in Offensive Team Ratings to be between 96-85 while Defensive Team Ratings are between 85-75. Not very good.

Now don't get me wrong, I still love this game but I am into the real sim feeling of the game and its just not there. These results were from using NCAA Draft Classes. So maybe the Madden Generated ones are better but I don't know. That was just my 2 cents. If anybody has a comment let me know. Thanks.

Troy
I'm seeing the same problem with QB's - too many TD's and too few int's thus too many QB's with ratings in the 100's. Also receivers get too many touchdowns - leader usually has 20 or so...

The defensive problem might be an issue REGARDLESS of whether you use MGD or NCAA classes. Right now, I'm at the end of the 2008 season and the defenses for the pro bowl teams are ranked 84 and 87 respectively. It seems like everyone on D gets worse every year not just the NCAA imports...

So that means that the Sim engine AND the progression system is broken, not to mention BOTH ways to draft - I mean, I know they can't test everything, but I found this crap out by simming 3 seasons in franchise mode - it took me 30 minutes to do... this kinda stuff has got to be seen by the testers or they just aren't paying attention. Maybe they see it but it just doesn't get changed?

Last edited by trey5; 09-08-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
I'm seeing the same problem with QB's - too many TD's and too few int's thus too many QB's with ratings in the 100's. Also receivers get too many touchdowns - leader usually has 20 or so...

The defensive problem might be an issue REGARDLESS of whether you use MGD or NCAA classes. Right now, I'm at the end of the 2008 season and the defenses for the pro bowl teams are ranked 84 and 87 respectively. It seems like everyone on D gets worse every year not just the NCAA imports...

So that means that the Sim engine AND the progression system is broken, not to mention BOTH ways to draft - I mean, I know they can't test everything, but I found this crap out by simming 3 seasons in franchise mode - it took me 30 minutes to do... this kinda stuff has got to be seen by the testers or they just aren't paying attention. Maybe they see it but it just doesn't get changed?
In a three year period the draft shouldn't have a huge impact on the Pro Bowl. Most of the players that make that should currently be in the NFL.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
LOL! sorry about that Trey. When I was last on, I was using my blackberry. I must have inadvertantly hit something. Don't know what I did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »