Home

mario williams

This is a discussion on mario williams within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #65
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: mario williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
This always cracks me up...how is it a "character issue" that they guy wants the best for his family...I can just see what people who have a problem with Reggie's ethics would say to their family if put in the situation Reggie was in: "Aight Mom, I know that you may get shot, stabbed and/ or raped if I leave you here in the hood, but I just couldn't live with myself knowing that you would be living in luxury if we allow the school (that I will make millions of $$ for) to put you up in a $750,000 home until I can afford to buy you a home when I make it to the pros."

You did the right thing Reggie- why the heck should you be loyal to the NCAA Rules and Regs instead of to your family?!?!

Yeah, what a "character flaw/issue" it is to put your kin ahead of an oppressive, greedy insitution (the NCAA)

Sorry, this just strikes a nerve with me, and yeah, I live in LA, but I am not a USC or Reggie Bush fan- really dont care much for college or pro football whatsoever, but I heard about what went down with Reggie and support him 1000%
Great post.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #66
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
I am in season 4 (I simmed two) and really needed a RE. I was shocked to see williams in the free agent list during the off season (before the 4th season). i bid on him and the price got higher and higher. he was 25 and had a rating of 87. not bad i though. i then got him.

2 games later he did not have a tacke, sack or an impact at all. i was like what the F**K? i then look again at his attributes. he has a 37 AWR. i am now stuck with an idiot for 3 years unless i want to take a cap hit.

can anyone let me know what his AWR is their franchise?
His awareness in my franchise (1st year) is 40.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
Just because Texas beat USC one time it doesn't mean theyre the better team. I don't know how many more times I can say it. No matter what way you look at it USC had a 90% chance to win that game. That game was the other 10%.
Yes actually it does make them the better team for that year. Why in the hell hold the NC game if the better team is going to lose anyway? Makes no sense.

Texas beat USC one time, that was the only chance USC got, they are not getting a retry here so it doesn't matter if they'd win in a second game. Football doesn't hold a series, all Texas needs to do is win the game.

USC had a 90% chance to win...says who? You? ESPN? Doesn't matter, the better team won, get over it please.

By saying this, you are saying that every championship has no merit because the better team can lose.
So you need to go back in history, and look at the matchups and tell everyone which one was the better team, why they are the better team, why they would win the game

OR

You could have the two guys face off to see who is better.

If I were to play you in a game of one on one, and I won. Would it make sense for you to say you are the better player?

You cannot lose a game and still be qualified as the better team.

If I wanted to , I could go back and say "Notre Dame should have beat USC any ways" but I would be doing what you do, shoulda woulda coulda's.

USC knew they had one chance, one game, to beat Texas, did they do it...No. But in your case, it doesn't matter, because you can say "Well, if they played again USC WOULDA won."

Whatever. I hate it when teams win championships and people reply "But they were not better" just give the team their respect.

Like people though the Mavs would blow out the Heat, but when the Heat won some people were saying "The MAvs were the better team though." I thought so BEFORE the series, but the HEat won those games just to prove that they were the best in the league. You don't see the HEat winning the championship and turnaround to see people claiming the Mavs were better do you?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:54 PM   #68
MVP

Theres way too many anomalies throughout the course of the game to say that the team that won was definately better. Texas DESERVES the national championship because they won that game but USC is still the better team. Obviously the nc game has merit because no matter how a team wins they still deserve to win the trophy and be named the champion but it doesn't always mean they are the better team.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:55 PM   #69
MVP

And if i were to play you one on one I would not lose.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 AM   #70
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz50
And if i were to play you one on one I would not lose.

I like it how you added a new post for that.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #71
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

Plus 90% of this thread has nothing to do with the subject matter in the original post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #72
MVP

Just wanted to get in on this debacle of a thread.

YES the Texans dropped the ball on Bush, did you see him last weekend, I don't care if it was the Browns he owned. As for Williams, where was he, he didn't get his name mentioned at all against the Eagles. Most of the time he was out of position and not doing what he "does" best and rush the QB Mcnabb had all day to throw it around the field.

Fact is Texans or Williams supporters can't face the fact that Bush is the better player and will have a better career barring injuries, Williams to me is another Courtney Brown, although he is not as talented as Brown was when he was coming out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »