Home

No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version)

This is a discussion on No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version)

I think you people complaining about this are waisting your time, while it doesn't make much sense why the default sliders are so bad, who really gives an f? so tweak the sliders and shut up.

i guess this could bother someone if besides this the game was perfect, but why the hell are you waisting everyones time whining about something a simple slider adjustment will handle when there are already so many problems with the game?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Picks.... but beside picks.. the AI siemple canīt move the ball against themself.

I was playing Miami vs Pitt (i was miami).

And see Benīs stats 1 min before halftime

4 picks... one after the other... on 14 attempts :argue:

This lead me to ask 1 question.. how is this posible? i mean.. All pro.. default sliders (except User INT down to 0) If the Ratings are the real ratings how is a SB QB canīt move the ball correctly?

This is how i play on D, i only control the LCB.. i donīt switch at all... i let the AI control my teammates (so ratings do matter for them also).

BUt the CPU just canīt beat them either... a simple cover 2 or cover 3 is enough to stop the CPU from moving the ball.

And again.. i donīt switch at all.. basically i just watch the game (being a CB donīt have a huge impact on the game).

I didnīt have 1 single user pick either.... is just cpu vs cpu... i really donīt get it.

I know with sliders, it can be tweaked to make it better.. but i shouldnīt have to do a HUGE tweaking to make it "playable".

Comments?

Agreed. Hence my signature.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 09-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #11
Rookie

agreed? so you too can't find a slider adjustment, lazy clowns these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 11:29 PM   #12
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mman19
Agreed. Hence my signature.
Make me the 2nd person on the planet...I say that watching a CPU vs. CPU game in football (or basketball, baseball or hockey) will tell you 90% of what you need to know about the quality of the AI gameplay.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

Last edited by inkcil; 09-08-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister11
agreed? so you too can't find a slider adjustment, lazy clowns these days.
Why should we have to make all these slider adjustments for a $60 game?

And what are your slider suggestions?
Old 09-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #14
Rookie

are you serious? why? how about because different people like different things? did you ever play online, do you realize most people play madden as an arcade game, at least ea gives us the option for us that like the sim game.

ok sorry about the lazy stuff, no harm no foul? but seriously adjusting sliders is not hard. there are probably at least 50 topics if you don't want to do it yourself.

i happen to play different then i have ever seen anyone.

i take sliders and find a zone in which i am comfortable in, for example. for my human quarterback accuracy my zone is inbetween 15 and 40. i then randomly decide where it go's for a given quarter of each game as to mirror the diferent ups and downs in the nfl game. i do this A) because even when i find a good slider set, if i don't adjust them every game starts to feel the same, and i do it randomly well because it's fair to me B) because i'm a role playing game dork that feels like i gotta roll dice for everything anyways.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #15
Rookie

my zones for the good people on here who haven't found sliders, human first then computer

QB ACC 15-40/ 55-85
PASS BLK 25-55/ 30-60
WR CATCH 35-75/ 20-65
RB ABIL 30-75/ 30-75
RUN BLK 30-75/ 30-80

DEF AWR 0-45/ 45-90
PASS DEFL 0-25/ 25-55
INT 0-0/ 30-100
BRK BLK 35-60/ 35-70
TKL 25-75/ 30-65

SPECIAL TEAMS, WHO CARES...

how i have the qb acc/ wr catch i think is very important, making the cpu accurate limits the interceptions and the wr catch low makes them not complete everything. to me how i have it is very realistic with the catches, 'cause even when it's low the cpu doesn't just drop wide open ones in their hands, they just don't make all the hard ones, but with the zone strategy sometimes they do.

i have unbelievably great statistics with this strategy, i will post them if you want but we are teetering on this getting sent off, so request in sliders if interested.

one thing i gotta tell you, is very soon, these sliders will probably be too easy for me as i have barely played madden due to the rosters and fatigue.

but the same strategy is great on ncaa, couple adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

there is nothing worng with the stats in all madden. I can get 100 yd rushers and 300 yd passers once in while on 5 min qtrs. and qb rating is always above 70 for me. I don't ven pick my own plays anymore bc I found it too easy with money plays. I use Coach select and choose from the five Im given. even if its a punt on 4th and 1 and I LOVE it. Games are realistic and fun. and finally challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »