Home

No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version)

This is a discussion on No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2006, 03:57 AM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: No really... EA need to take a look at this. (360version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister11
agreed? so you too can't find a slider adjustment, lazy clowns these days.
I´m following your replys around the different forum.. and even i know is worthless to try to explain you something.. i´ll try.

MY WHOLE POINT IS... IF i´m wathing a game CPU vs CPU.. and the CPU just can´t move the ball against the same AI... how they are suppouse to be good against a human player?

If Ben´s rtg is 54, playing against the same AI.... (since i only control the LCB and i don´t have any impact on the game) how i´m going to ask for a smart AI ?

I know i sucks at english.. but i think you need to read the whole post before answering.

You may have time to tweak sliders.. but not all of us want to spend 100000hs tweaking something to make it "playable".
Old 09-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

no, you are missing the point, this game sold over a million copies and most of the people that play it don't play a sim game, we are lucky ea caters to us and let's us adjust the gameplay, there are 1000's of threads on sliders if you don't want to come up with them yourself.

seriously, it's not hard to figure out how to make the computer passing game better, it would take about 2 whole minutes.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #19
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister11
no, you are missing the point, this game sold over a million copies and most of the people that play it don't play a sim game, we are lucky ea caters to us and let's us adjust the gameplay, there are 1000's of threads on sliders if you don't want to come up with them yourself.

seriously, it's not hard to figure out how to make the computer passing game better, it would take about 2 whole minutes.
whatever....
Old 09-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #20
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I´m following your replys around the different forum.. and even i know is worthless to try to explain you something.. i´ll try.

MY WHOLE POINT IS... IF i´m wathing a game CPU vs CPU.. and the CPU just can´t move the ball against the same AI... how they are suppouse to be good against a human player?

If Ben´s rtg is 54, playing against the same AI.... (since i only control the LCB and i don´t have any impact on the game) how i´m going to ask for a smart AI ?

I know i sucks at english.. but i think you need to read the whole post before answering.

You may have time to tweak sliders.. but not all of us want to spend 100000hs tweaking something to make it "playable".
You are assumption is this, that the CPU vs CPU should be the optimum (most realistic), stats should reflect the players ability, etc.

The problem is this, EA programs the game for people to play...not for CPU vs CPU games. They take that optimum and tweak for how the average player plays the game. Most people are better at offense than defense, simply because the mechanics are easier. How does EA compensate for that? They increase the defensive AI to balance the game.

So if you take that game tweaked for actual gameplay and apply it to a CPU vs CPU game, you are going to get flawed stats. The computer AI is not set up to play that way.

That is why EA gives us sliders. Because everyone's ability is different.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
there is nothing worng with the stats in all madden. I can get 100 yd rushers and 300 yd passers once in while on 5 min qtrs. and qb rating is always above 70 for me. I don't ven pick my own plays anymore bc I found it too easy with money plays. I use Coach select and choose from the five Im given. even if its a punt on 4th and 1 and I LOVE it. Games are realistic and fun. and finally challenging.
I agree i play the same way because of the money plays. why cant ea make the game with an adaptive ai. geeze they cant complain about power cause the 360 is a monster.
DALLAS COWBOYS 4 LIFE.#22
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »