Home

cover3 on 360/ comback plays.

This is a discussion on cover3 on 360/ comback plays. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: cover3 on 360/ comback plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
How about you either play only against humans or you could stop playing the game all together or you could stop running comeback routes. But i see you chose to just complain which helps nobody not even yourself.
Why should he have to stop running comeback routes? I hate it when EA screws something up and everyone acts like its the users fault, instead of placing blame where it should really lie, WITH EA. And why should stop playing the gamed altogether be a viable solution? You want him to have wasted 60 bucks?

And you harp on him for complaining. So what, should every post be "OMG! I want to do EA so badly! BEST GAME EVER!" He can complain if he sees something he doesn't like, and it does help other people out because maybe they have experienced it and can help him come up with a workaround.

I love the gameplay on 360, but Tim is absolutely right. There are money plays just like there have been since Madden's inception, and no amount of slider tweaking will fix this.

In Superstar Mode, the computer won't run the hurry up if your player is on that team, so two minute logic is completely broken. But I shouldn't bring this up, as it is a complaint, and I am not stating how badly I want the Madden Devs.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

I would bet that if a real football team ran a whole bunch of comeback routes they would complete 8out of 10 of them against real life corners. If you don't know that it is coming...that is the hardest play, in my opinion, to make, when the receiver slams on the brakes and comes back to catch a ball that was throw before he had completely stopped. Very difficult play to make as a corner anyways...just gotta step up and tackle him...so 8 out of 10 sounds alright. now eventually in real life the corner would catch on that that was all you were doing and the defense would make adjustments...but that would be one crazy smart video game
Old 09-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
Why should he have to stop running comeback routes? I hate it when EA screws something up and everyone acts like its the users fault, instead of placing blame where it should really lie, WITH EA. And why should stop playing the gamed altogether be a viable solution? You want him to have wasted 60 bucks?

And you harp on him for complaining. So what, should every post be "OMG! I want to do EA so badly! BEST GAME EVER!" He can complain if he sees something he doesn't like, and it does help other people out because maybe they have experienced it and can help him come up with a workaround.

I love the gameplay on 360, but Tim is absolutely right. There are money plays just like there have been since Madden's inception, and no amount of slider tweaking will fix this.

In Superstar Mode, the computer won't run the hurry up if your player is on that team, so two minute logic is completely broken. But I shouldn't bring this up, as it is a complaint, and I am not stating how badly I want the Madden Devs.
Yeah, and people actually try to rationalize EA's laziness......*shrugs*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 02:41 AM   #12
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick99
I would bet that if a real football team ran a whole bunch of comeback routes they would complete 8out of 10 of them against real life corners. If you don't know that it is coming...that is the hardest play, in my opinion, to make, when the receiver slams on the brakes and comes back to catch a ball that was throw before he had completely stopped. Very difficult play to make as a corner anyways...just gotta step up and tackle him...so 8 out of 10 sounds alright. now eventually in real life the corner would catch on that that was all you were doing and the defense would make adjustments...but that would be one crazy smart video game
Exactly. So maybe the AI doesn't adjust enough to stop it - but, if a person is really a sim player - it shouldn't need to either. If you dont have the self control to not run the same play over & over & over... maybe you should find a new game to play.

It's a video game - you're going to have money plays - or you're going to have the CPU *cheating* to stop them. Seriously - with enough practice any play can be a money play. If you run the same play over & over & over, eventually you'll find a way to make a completion every time. Just watch some replays while you're playing. For almost every incompletion you throw - you can look at it and see that the play could have been made if you'd just done X instead of Y. (lob instead of bullet pass... lead left instead of up... threw it a half a second sooner... gone to reciever B instead of L... whatever) Artificial Intellegence is not advanced enough yet. And, quite frankly, if it does advance that far - the game probably wont be fun to play anymore.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Exactly. So maybe the AI doesn't adjust enough to stop it - but, if a person is really a sim player - it shouldn't need to either. If you dont have the self control to not run the same play over & over & over... maybe you should find a new game to play.

It's a video game - you're going to have money plays - or you're going to have the CPU *cheating* to stop them. Seriously - with enough practice any play can be a money play. If you run the same play over & over & over, eventually you'll find a way to make a completion every time. Just watch some replays while you're playing. For almost every incompletion you throw - you can look at it and see that the play could have been made if you'd just done X instead of Y. (lob instead of bullet pass... lead left instead of up... threw it a half a second sooner... gone to reciever B instead of L... whatever) Artificial Intellegence is not advanced enough yet. And, quite frankly, if it does advance that far - the game probably wont be fun to play anymore.
I would find a new game to play if i only had a choice !!!!!!!!!!!
DALLAS COWBOYS 4 LIFE.#22
Old 09-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu

I disagree. It's not hard to program AI that adjusts to what you, the user, are doing. NFL 2K had AI that adjusts, and that wasn't next-gen, for crying out loud!

Have you played winning eleven? It's impossible to score every time or even most of the time, because the computer adapts. There are no money combos or plays, there's no one way that virtually guarantee a goal. And if you score more than once on the same play, the AI adapts so you won't do it again, unless it's a lopsided matchup like Arsenal vs. FC Crew, in which case the computer can do nothing but watch Henry shred through the defense and loft one in past the keeper , but that's beside the point. Adaptive AI can be programmed into a video game.

And as to your point about the Sim player not running it all the time, what are we supposed to do? Eliminate comeback routes from our arsenal? Or how about quick slants? Those are way too effective as well. So no comebacks or slants. Or posts. The receiver is in front of the defenders almost every time, and it is way to easy to gain big yardage. So no slants, comebacks, posts, or long streaks. Those are also money. In fact, why not just run the football. Oh, wait, running inside is too easy, and running outside usually results in a loss because the wide-receiver misses runs past the defender, failing to block him.

The fact is, you shouldn't be restricted from running a certain play because it works every time and be told that its your fault. Why do people refuse to blame EA? This is the reason the game changes only slightly each year. The users are blamed for their mistakes, and people who point out flaws in the game are flamed.

Maybe every post should be "OMG! EA IS TEH R0X0R! THIS GAME IS PERFECT! R0X0R!" But the fact is, EA has made a flawed football game.

It's still a fun game, and I still enjoy playing it, but it's not my fault comeback routes are guaranteed success.

The blame lies solely with EA. Defend them all you want and blame the players, but if you do so, EA will never learn.

Last edited by rsnomar05; 09-11-2006 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 09-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
I disagree. It's not hard to program AI that adjusts to what you, the user, are doing. NFL 2K had AI that adjusts, and that wasn't next-gen, for crying out loud!

Have you played winning eleven? It's impossible to score every time or even most of the time, because the computer adapts. There are no money combos or plays, there's no one way that virtually guarantee a goal. And if you score more than once on the same play, the AI adapts so you won't do it again, unless it's a lopsided matchup like Arsenal vs. FC Crew, in which case the computer can do nothing but watch Henry shred through the defense and loft one in past the keeper , but that's beside the point. Adaptive AI can be programmed into a video game.

And as to your point about the Sim player not running it all the time, what are we supposed to do? Eliminate comeback routes from our arsenal? Or how about quick slants? Those are way too effective as well. So no comebacks or slants. Or posts. The receiver is in front of the defenders almost every time, and it is way to easy to gain big yardage. So no slants, comebacks, posts, or long streaks. Those are also money. In fact, why not just run the football. Oh, wait, running inside is too easy, and running outside usually results in a loss because the wide-receiver misses runs past the defender, failing to block him.

The fact is, you shouldn't be restricted from running a certain play because it works every time and be told that its your fault. Why do people refuse to blame EA? This is the reason the game changes only slightly each year. The users are blamed for their mistakes, and people who point out flaws in the game are flamed.

Maybe every post should be "OMG! EA IS TEH R0X0R! THIS GAME IS PERFECT! R0X0R!" But the fact is, EA has made a flawed football game.

It's still a fun game, and I still enjoy playing it, but it's not my fault comeback routes are guaranteed success.

The blame lies solely with EA. Defend them all you want and blame the players, but if you do so, EA will never learn.
Agreed 100% but ea has got our money . Oh well i will never buy on launch .
DALLAS COWBOYS 4 LIFE.#22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #16
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister11
...most of the people that buy madden love it as is, and play it as a arcade type game.

I used to really get into season dynasty and franchise modes in previous football games but I honestly got burned out by those modes and now only focus on online games.

As for playing it as an "arcade" game, well sure, that is why ranked games arent 15 minutes long and fatigue isn't as strong as in years past versions.

I really think that fun/arcade gamers outweigh sim gamers tremendously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »