Home

I am done with Madden..

This is a discussion on I am done with Madden.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 01:43 AM   #9
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I am done with Madden..

I had hopes that Madden would be good on 360 this year as well....and was sorely disappointed. It, without a doubt, has the potential to be a great game....but im sick of paying 50-60 bucks to experience what COULD be a good game. The no player editing really killed it for me. I will not buy Madden on release day next year for the first time in probably 8 years. I dont trust a word EA or any of its devs/employees say anymore. PLayer editing was left out without ANY mention or explanation to the community....and glitches are being called "features"( HOF players in Franchise). Its pretty sad.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Not a one player looks like his real life counterpart.
I would have to disagree on this one. While you were playing Pitt. during the pans of the defense, did you not notice Porter or Hampton? Those look pretty dead on to me,not to mention Foote and Farrior.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-10-2006, 02:37 AM   #11
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

The game was fun at first, but after playing for a while there are just too many things that bother me to enjoy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

There are a few players that were like face mapped i thnk but for the most part players look nothing like real life. Reggie Bush looks terrible.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:50 AM   #13
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
This is my first time in three years also that I bought Madden. I'm a die hard 2K football fan, but I wanted Madden to be great so bad, and it hasn't been to me so far. God I wish we had the option of buying other football games each year, instead of being forced to subject ourselves to this if we want a sim football game. Its not that Madden is a terrible game, but if one sports game is bad, doesn't matter if its football, basketball, baseball, etc. the consomer should have the option to choose what game he wants in that particular sport, instead of just having one option.
Welcome to gaming hell my friend.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:52 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

I've said it before and I will say it again... L A Z Y! It's not that they (EA) can't make Madden better, other developers improve their games, but as stated already, when there is no incentive to do better, why expect better? I know some will say that they are doing better, but that is the same old song sung every year!

I also know that at the end of the day it's all about the almighty dollar. Heck if it were my business, the bottom line (annual earnings) would be my primary concern as well. But I would also want my product to be top quality. So the question each of us have to ask ourselves now is....Is it worth it anymore? When is next year actually going to be the year?

At 60 dollars a pop for next-gen games, is it really worth it? If you know what you can deal with in a game, and what you absolutely cannot deal with, then the decision should be easy. If you believe that EA will continue the same pattern with Madden, then commit to not buying it. No, it's not going to hurt EA in anyway, but it will be a few dollars saved for you in the end, and afterall that's what really counts...customer satisfaction. (and I'm satisfied with keeping my money)

I know that alot of us expected a giant leap forward when we thought and heard of next-gen gaming, and in part some developers are delivering. But if I would have any of you remember anything from my post, remember these words...

"Mind your money, and count the cost before spending your cash on something that may not be worth it. Look at every purchase as an investment, and it will help you save your money in the long run".

Class ended
Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 AM   #15
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Didn't buy Madden this year. Rented both and waiting for a used PS2 copy. As the weeks have gone on, I've played more and more of the PS2 version and less and less of the 360 version. I'm actually quite proud of myself being able to hold off buying Madden. I had a chance to get it the Friday before the release day, but stuck to my guns.

I know my money makes absolutely NO difference to EA. But holding off on buying a game I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied with makes a difference to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 AM   #16
LDC
Banned

OVR: 1

i dont understand how u guys can play current gen. i played the current gen over a buddies house and realized that the current gen blows compared to 360. the current gen cant hold the 360's jockstrap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »