Home

A few questions for the producer of Madden 07 (360)

This is a discussion on A few questions for the producer of Madden 07 (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A few questions for the producer of Madden 07 (360)

Great post! That pretty much hits the nail on the head. Now just send it to someone that can get something done.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghutton
Great post! That pretty much hits the nail on the head. Now just send it to someone that can get something done.
Problem is, the only people you can send it to have a file on their work computer at Tiburon that is a standard answer to a post like this and they will click on this file, hit reply and send to you something that goes like this:

"Dear Valued Madden Fan,

Thank you for purchasing and enjoying Madden NFL 07. We here at Tiburon appreciate feedback from fans like yourself and encourage you to continue sending us ideas for features that will further enhance your Madden experience. The hard-working people at Tiburon that work on Madden NFL Football every year realize that as great as Madden NFL 07 is, it can always get better.

We here at Tiburon want to bring you as close to true NFL action as possible and work very hard every year to bring you that much closer. As I'm sure you'll agree, Madden NFL 07 on the Xbox 360 console was the most authentic Madden ever! Our developers here at Tiburon are already hard at work on Madden NFL 08 and have taken suggestions like yours into consideration when deciding on the next, great features that will make Madden NFL 08 the best Madden yet!

We hope you look forward to future EA Sports releases like NBA Live 07 and Tiger Woods 07 for you Xbox 360 console.

Sincerely,

Madden Team"

What they would write if they were allowed to be honest:

"Dear hardcore football fan,

Piss off. We know fatigue is basically worthless in this game. That's because 95% of Madden players don't want their star players off the field. Deal with it. You and your KIND make up about 0.8% of our sales so you're not exactly buttering our bread, if you catch my drift.

We're the only game in town, you will buy what we're selling or you won't have the newest NFL game out. If you don't like how that sounds, go pick up a SHINY used copy of NFL 2k5 and go through the hassle of trying to have up-to-date rosters and schedules. I dare ya. If you want gang-tackling, double-team blocks and other USELESS crap like that over the most up-to-date pre pre-season rosters, then be my guest and go cry to your buddies over at Operation Sports. I don't have time for this sh*t.

Sincerely,

Someone that makes more than you who's job it is to tell you you don't matter!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

/\ LOL /\
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

great post, sroz...best I've read this year.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #13

OVR: 34

I'd be glad to answer these questions on behalf of EA with one sentence.

"Madden 07 sold a record breaking 100 million dollars in sales the first week of its release, we could give a flying flip what's broken."

Sad, but true.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #14
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

This isnt a knock on any of the web site Admins by any means....just an observation....BUT, in all these developer interviews prior to, or even after the game comes out that the websites conduct, the hard/important questions seem to NEVER be asked. I have yet to see ONE single, solitary dev. interview pose the simple question....Why was Player editing left out of the 360 version again? Doesnt this seem to be a pretty obvious question to ask? Maybe EA has certain questions they refuse to let them ask....kind of like how they refuse to let reviews of their game be released before the game is( which to me, is complete chicken sh*t, no matter how you look at it). I would love to hear EA's answer as to why player editing was left out... i would imagine it would go something like "That is a new feature we knew the community would love....you can praise us for it later".
Old 09-12-2006, 06:49 AM   #15
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm curious, if you were actually given the opportunity to ask David Ortiz, the producer of this game, ONE question what would it be?

I'm personally having a tough time thinking of only ONE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #16
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I'm curious, if you were actually given the opportunity to ask David Ortiz, the producer of this game, ONE question what would it be?

I'm personally having a tough time thinking of only ONE.
Mine would be a two fold question. Why are you not making use of the most visual license a sports franchise could have and why did you go with the awful radio announcer after an overwhelming number of people said that they didn't like him?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »