Home

Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us?

This is a discussion on Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yup, other than playing online, I have been sticking to NCAA, because of the fatigue issue. It's been a frustrating wait.
Yeah I'm not sure why so many guy's abandoned NCAA. That should be real question around here.

I think NCAA is damn good game (Even with some flaws) and I see myself playing it until 08 is released. It's a shame so many guy's traded that game in for Madden.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:34 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Yeah I'm not sure why so many guy's abandoned NCAA. That should be real question around here.

I think NCAA is damn good game (Even with some flaws) and I see myself playing it until 08 is released. It's a shame so many guy's traded that game in for Madden.

I just picked up NCAA for the 360...the 360 is pretty new to me, since I just got one a couple weeks ago, but I like it...It is a different change of pace from Madden, just like on the current gen. I almost forgot how much I miss full commentary.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

IN enjoy both games. NCAA has some mad serious animation, AI issues. Especially when players get hung up on eachother and run on the treadmill untl the play is over. It feels like a beta to me, but it's good enough that I keep playing.

I like the gameplay in Madden MUCH better. Much more polished. But if you're a dynasty player the fatigue thing is just plain awful. I'm sure they've kept it tight lipped as to not affect future sales of the game. That is the bottom line for them after all. Don't publicly acknowledge anything to the general masses and when it's ready just sneak it out.

Better be soon though.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I honestly would have been shocked if the patch had actually been released on the 5th....more so than suprised that it got delayed. I am not expecting a patch at all, actually. They already have their money from us...and we have no other options for football games....AND, most of those millions of copies of Madde nthat were sold, were to people who will NEVER notice there is no fatigue in the game. Its a shame. And on the subject of alt. uniforms....NCAA has been out almost 2 months now, and is there ANY downloadable content available for it yet?( i havent checked in a while). Basically, i wouldnt hold my breath if i was a next gen gamer for either the patch of new content....EA will brand the patch and DL content as "Madden 2008" most likely.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #21
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Hear !! Hear !!

It blows my mind how sudden everyone was willing to trade in a very good $60 game for a 50% or more loss

To each their own I guess.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
I'm not trying to be condescending or inflamatory, but when did we as gamers become entitled to anything post-release?
The minute we all paid $60+ for a professional football game with no fatigue system, that's when.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

This is just my opinion, but I believe EA will give us a patch around midnight August 2007.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I honestly would have been shocked if the patch had actually been released on the 5th....more so than suprised that it got delayed. I am not expecting a patch at all, actually. They already have their money from us...and we have no other options for football games....AND, most of those millions of copies of Madde nthat were sold, were to people who will NEVER notice there is no fatigue in the game. Its a shame. And on the subject of alt. uniforms....NCAA has been out almost 2 months now, and is there ANY downloadable content available for it yet?( i havent checked in a while). Basically, i wouldnt hold my breath if i was a next gen gamer for either the patch of new content....EA will brand the patch and DL content as "Madden 2008" most likely.
Well if what you say is true then I'll be picking up a copy for the PS2 to start my franchise play. I'll use the 360 version for head to head play. I have no problems finding away to get the PS2 version to play some SIM football.

But I sure hope your wrong. EA would really piss more guy's off if they just flat out neglected to even release a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »