Home

Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us?

This is a discussion on Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Anyone Get the Impression EA Abandoned Us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M. Son
I'm not trying to be condescending or inflamatory, but when did we as gamers become entitled to anything post-release?
Yes, the system was sold to us with the expectation of roster updates and other downloadable items.
However, we need to be careful not to have a "give me this, give me that" mentality. Yes, there are many things that EA does seem to be flawed at, or things that we seemingly should be able to expect in this day and age, but we are in no way entitled to any responses/ assistance/ or information from EA. The game has flaws, and it would be nice for them to fix it... yes, it would be an uber wise business and relations decision to assist us in any way possible, but it is not requisite.
Again, not trying to sound arrogant... just pointing out what I believe to be real.
Are you crazy? Go into a car dealership with this mentality, tell them you would like a car that kinda works and you are not entitled/expecting any service after you leave. If something doesnt work correctly and I paid money for it then I expect it to be fixed. I cant get away with that "it kinda works" attitude at my job why should anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #26
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Before the game was even released, EA announced that alternate uniforms would be available via download. Many people bought the game taking EA at their word that alternate uniforms would be available. If that doesn't happen, it is a case of false advertisement.
The sad thing is, that NCAA has been out almost two months and still no download content for it either. Since I'm playing dynasties on my Xbox, I might go ahead and put both 360 games on Ebay. They're nice to look at, but that's about it.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
Are you crazy? Go into a car dealership with this mentality, tell them you would like a car that kinda works and you are not entitled/expecting any service after you leave. If something doesnt work correctly and I paid money for it then I expect it to be fixed. I cant get away with that "it kinda works" attitude at my job why should anyone else?
I find this odd as well, for some reason many people who play video games accept buggy and incomplete products. I guess they must not work in an environment that is actually competitive and the quality of the product reflects the bottom line and peoples jobs.

Computer games I can forgive because of hardware and other issues, but for a console? Inexcusable.

As long as people have this attitude, that's all we will get, and then some.

Last edited by abspara; 09-11-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yup, other than playing online, I have been sticking to NCAA, because of the fatigue issue. It's been a frustrating wait.
Whats more frustrating is the fat that fatigue does work, just very poorly...Takes way to much to get a player in the yellow. I mean you must do things beyond the play half the time..It seems intended when Ortiz said the fatigue is Madden 07 is 'slower' this yr..This, along with the no injuries for ranked games, & no editing ratings, 2-3 2,000 yard rushers per simmed yr, killed it for me..I was so hyped about Madden 07..But again.. EA keeps going deper & deeper to the arcade side.. No injuries for ranked games online? Why..Johnny the cheeser can't abuse Vick anymore..Give me a break..EA doesn't respect the sim gamer at all..They just throw us bones.. & the majority here go ga ga over it..& keep telling themselves they can 'live with it'..I'm sure ppl her would still buy the game if they only had season mode.. & if fatigue was totally gone, the majority here would still buy the game.. EA has You/US by the balls, & we simply ask for more each yr..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 09-12-2006, 12:04 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The Tuesday release date could have been found in the rosters section here.

that's wonderful. but that's only a small part of the problem. they don't even have the decency to finish up the gamer pics for crying out loud...
Old 09-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #30
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
The minute we all paid $60+ for a professional football game with no fatigue system, that's when.
I agree with you, but...We all knew that fatigue wasn't there. Shame on us for buying it, I guess. I started a franchise anyway and really just sub my guys all the time, even though they don't need it. I haven't had one of those 44 carry games against me, but I can't wait for fatigue to be there.

We bought it knowing what was coming.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #31

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by abspara
I find this odd as well, for some reason many people who play video games accept buggy and incomplete products. I guess they must not work in an environment that is actually competitive and the quality of the product reflects the bottom line and peoples jobs.

Computer games I can forgive because of hardware and other issues, but for a console? Inexcusable.

As long as people have this attitude, that's all we will get, and then some.
I do agree on this. It is becomeing very much the norm to see games release that are not polished and then have a patch to fix things. If you look at many of the title released for the 36o, you'll have seen a patch for it some where soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I agree with you, but...We all knew that fatigue wasn't there.
No I didn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »