Home

OK, I am filing a class action lawsuit against EA and need your help...

This is a discussion on OK, I am filing a class action lawsuit against EA and need your help... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: OK, I am filing a class action lawsuit against EA and need your help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew66
Did Erin Brockovich stop when everyone thought she was wasting her time? No. And neither am I. Maybe your fine being complacent playing a sub-par game when competion in the marketplace would do everyone a favor. Fatigue isnt the only issue. Freezing etc. is also there. Maybe I wont win. And thats fine. But if EA wakes up and decides to make a good game one day i'd like to think I had a hand in it. And for a 35 year old to name call by saying "Go outside..." it really makes me wonder if I should care about your opinion at all. Obviously, you have no law experience and if my lawyer does i'd like to think he knows a tad more than you on whether I have a case or not.
My game has never frozen. That may be a console related issue. Add MS to your list of people to sue.

Millions of people think this is a good game, myself included. Your opinion that it isn't a good game because of a few issues that are either a) being addressed or b) aren't going to mean squat to a judge. Get over it man....there are other football games out there. Go play one of those.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Did Erin Brockovich stop when everyone thought she was wasting her time? No. And neither am I. Maybe your fine being complacent playing a sub-par game when competion in the marketplace would do everyone a favor. Fatigue isnt the only issue. Freezing etc. is also there. Maybe I wont win. And thats fine. But if EA wakes up and decides to make a good game one day i'd like to think I had a hand in it. And for a 35 year old to name call by saying "Go outside..." it really makes me wonder if I should care about your opinion at all. Obviously, you have no law experience and if my lawyer does i'd like to think he knows a tad more than you on whether I have a case or not.
The competition in the marketplace is what it is. Neither you or I can't do anyting about it and neither will a judge. It a signed sealed document that won't get you one foot inside a courtroom.

A good game to you is probably gang tackling, presentation, etcc..... EA isn't making a football game(except maybe for the potential of Head Coach) for simmers that make up 1-5% of their marketshare. They are making a game for the 10 year olds on up. They always have, always will. That's their business approach.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #35
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I believe Erin's lawsuit had to do with people's health if I am not mistaken. You are talking about a VIDEO GAME! Nice priorities. You must have a lot of time on your hands.............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
And for a 35 year old to name call by saying "Go outside..." it really makes me wonder if I should care about your opinion at all.
Since when is telling someone to "go outside" considered calling someone a name?

Oh..and BTW...your entire logic is flawed. Can you tell me the last time you saw an EA Sports commercial where they actually said the full "If it's in the game, it's in the game!" motto? Seems to me they've shortened it to "EA Sports...It's in the Game!", which is a true statement. I fire up the game, and I see the EA Sports logo. Therefore...it IS "in the game".
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Let me save you some time....You will have a really hard time finding an attorney to take this case. If you are lucky and you do find an attorney, you will never reach the legal standard of a class action suit and EA will immediately file and win a motion to dismiss. Now if your lawyer actually decides to take this case, I would suggest only filing if he agrees to do it on a contingency. If he doesnt then he's just taking your money because any attorney worth his salt would never take this case. Shoot, I'm a greedy low down attorney and i wouldnt take this case.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #38
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I believe Erin's lawsuit had to do with people's health if I am not mistaken. You are talking about a VIDEO GAME! Nice priorities. You must have a lot of time on your hands.............
Watch out man....he's going to start talking about his gorgeous wife, mortgage, and school loans.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think this gentleman has a case. Clearly EA's product causes brain damage.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Aaron, thank you for that wonderful explanation on why this guy has no legs to stand on. Now before this thread gets out of hand, (if it hasn't already) I'm ending it.

And my apologies for contributing to this nonsense.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »