Home

madden announcing games

This is a discussion on madden announcing games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
madden announcing games

i have played 2 games and have not heard madden speaking during my games. is this unusual or do i need to change my settings .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: madden announcing games

For what system?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 PM   #4

OVR: 34

Umm..lol..are you serious?

I guess you are, so no Madden is not doing the commentary in the 360 version. His role has been replaced by the radio announcer.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Radio announcer only on the 360. Madden does talk a little when you have him select a play for you though. Otherwise you get that wonderful Dolby Digital 13.2 Surround Sound version of a $10 radio on your $1000 system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm baffled why EA choose to not include the play by play on the 360.. as much as it annoys some, for me it adds a tv style to the gameplay, and it's part of the reason I'm back to playing ncaa only.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallandnash
I'm baffled why EA choose to not include the play by play on the 360.. as much as it annoys some, for me it adds a tv style to the gameplay, and it's part of the reason I'm back to playing ncaa only.
They were going for an on-field perspective. I'm guessing the radio announcer was an attempt to not alienate those who want to hear play by play. I wish they had just left the radio guy out and included more player chatter, refs, smarter crowds, ect. Hopefully, they improve it in the future.

I bet this is all due to contractual problems. They still use Madden's name. I wonder if he had separate contracts for use of his name/image and actually announcing the games. Or maybe him working for NBC now, and the game using ESPN has something to do with it.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Or maybe him working for NBC now, and the game using ESPN has something to do with it.
I'm guessing that has a lot to do with it. That...and maybe the fact that going into the production cycle for this game, they weren't even sure if Al Michaels would be Madden's PbP guy.

It's a tough call, really. Do you dump Madden all together to rid yourself of that potential conflict of interest? Or do you keep going the way you're going now, with the radio guy?

Is the Madden brand too strong to let go of? Would the game sell as well if it were EA Sports NFL 08, but with an actual TV style presentation and no Madden what so ever?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »