Home

Player Progression Unplayable

This is a discussion on Player Progression Unplayable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Player Progression Unplayable

I can deal with the fatigue, rosters not being completed (done now), but the one thing that I cannot handle and totally make the game unplayable is the player progression, especially on defense. Every single one of my players now in my third year of my chise is around a 30 AWR and not a single team DEF rating is over a 65. Also, NCAA imports are horrible with all LB's BBLK around a 40-50 which makes them totally worthless.

This game is almost worthless to me because that is why I got madden, to play franchise, and I can't play a realistic game with these issues. It has gotten so bad that all my newly drafted rookies have a higher AWR than my 5-10 yr old vets. They need to fis this, and soon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Player Progression Unplayable

Fix = Madden 08, if not 09.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by runpuddrun
I can deal with the fatigue, rosters not being completed (done now), but the one thing that I cannot handle and totally make the game unplayable is the player progression, especially on defense. Every single one of my players now in my third year of my chise is around a 30 AWR and not a single team DEF rating is over a 65. Also, NCAA imports are horrible with all LB's BBLK around a 40-50 which makes them totally worthless.

This game is almost worthless to me because that is why I got madden, to play franchise, and I can't play a realistic game with these issues. It has gotten so bad that all my newly drafted rookies have a higher AWR than my 5-10 yr old vets. They need to fis this, and soon!
What???? Dood what system is this for? I know for sure its not the 360...I've done 12 franchises with different teams and avg about 3 yrs a piece with all of them and I havent had any plyr prog problems...Are you drafting idiots? If there interview level is "AVG" or "Below Avg" then you are drafting wrong.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Yes, this is for 360.

Go past year 3 and go to year 5-10 and you will see what I mean, haven't you noticed that all your players (DEF) go down 2-3 pts a year. And no I am not drafting idiots, typically a mid to late 1st rounder is a 80-83 and their awr never goes up, if they are a def player. This has been documented by many people.

That and the NCAA imports of LB's is horrible, like I said.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I totally agree with you. Check out my thread. I am basically saying the same thing as you. I also give some reasons why I think this is happening. Of course I could be wrong but I think it makes sense.

QB Stats Overrated on XBOX (360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
Rookie

This is a very big problem...I havent played Madden in about 2 weeks because this is an absolute game killer for me. I am a big franchise guy and I don't complain about the glitches like player edit, fatigue, etc. But this glitch is tremendous. Every defensive player (including pro bowlers) consistently go down year in and year out and it typically looks like this (-1 AWR) (-1 OVR). By year 5 there are only 1 or 2 players at each position over 90. This has deemed Madden '07 unplayable for this loyal Madden fan.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I noticed this too and I'm not even sure what to think at this point. This year's Madden is a debacle.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
Rookie

There is not widespread discussion about it yet as most Madden gamers haven't experienced it yet because they usually play all of their games, but once they hit season 3 and notice it will become a very big deal. I believe EA has hit a new low with this one. How something as blatant as this could escape the beta testors is beyond reason to my comprehension. By season 3-4 almost every single defensive player at all positions is -1 AWR -1 OVR. I'm beginning to wonder if they even test at all....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »