Home

Are all of my defensive backs morons?

This is a discussion on Are all of my defensive backs morons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2006, 11:44 PM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Are all of my defensive backs morons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I agree with the idea about lowering QBA, I think that's the key. The problem is that the QB usually finds the open receiver and throws a perfect ball where the DB can't get to it. And as for NCAA DB's not reacting, I totally disagree. I play on default Heisman on NCAA and I do fine. I play every single play as the strong safety (Tom Zbikowski) and I have about 1 interception per game with about 9-10 tackles. My other DB's play fine (in comparison to Madden).
That is the problem.... let the SS play by himself.. and you will see many plays as the screenshot i posted... Heisman level...is the same as playing 11 vs 9... because the 2 S don´t play at all... UNLESS.. when they intercept passes... they don´t have a happy medium.. or they pick off passes or they get hit by the football on their facemask
Old 09-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I do agree on what you are saying... but still the OT have a point.

For some reason EA way to make the game "harder" is to make the DB stupid... THis is a picture i took from a Heisman game i had a while back.. and this is preatty common.. the football hiting the S mask.. while the S donīt do nothing... just kept backpedaling...

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7...ture015hv6.jpg
Yeah I know I've said for the past few years EA doesn't really make All-Madden or Heisman Level better than All-Pro or AA level they just make your DB's dumber and people assume both those level's are more challenging. In reality if they dummy down your defenders then of course the CPU will move the ball better than they would on All-Pro or AA Level.

One of these years they are going to get it right. People don't want hidden cheats they want a smarter more intelligent AI. EA try's to go under the table and boost up the CPU then lower the human players and that's sad. It should be all about AI not hidden cheats. When you can get a DB on All-Pro level using a 20 AWR to play better than a DB on All-Madden level using a 100 AWR you know something is fishy going on....
Old 09-14-2006, 04:03 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Sliders don't do crap. They are just there to make us think EA gives us some control over the gameplay. Just look at field goal accuracy. Go ahead, lower it to 0 and see if you ever see the CPU miss one.
I respectfully disagree. The sliders DO work, at least in my experience. Try this: Go into an offense only practice mode, turn QB accuracy to full, tell your reciever to run a streak (playaction seems to work best - they just keep running), and throw the ball as far as you can - It'll probably go about 70 yards and right on target with any high throwing power QB. Then change that slider to empty, reselect the play (that's important - the slider change won't register until you do), and run the play. Not only will it not go 70 yards (less than 40 on the average), but it'll also probably be far off target - to the point where another reciever will probably have a better shot at it than the intended. The slider is a range slider as much as it is an accuracy one.

You can pick up the effects of other sliders too in the same way - like awareness (watch how corners react to short curls) or WR catching (watch Chad Johnson drop 7 out of 10 passes with it zeroed out)

One last thing.....You probably know this already, but the CPU gets attribute boosts on All-Madden, which I believe causes a lot of the cheating complaints. And if you need proof of that, play a mirror match game (CHI vs. CHI, for example) and check out the vision cone difference between you and the CPU. You'll see for yourself - it's a very noticeable size difference. Compare that with all-pro and you can see which level makes things more equal. Granted, it's about the only difference you can prove exists, but if there is this kind of visual evidence, is it that much of a stretch to think that other parts of the CPU's game are getting boosted as well?

Sorry for the long post. I mess with these sliders all the time (sometimes more than actually playing the game) so I feel like I have to say something when I hear that they don't work.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-14-2006 at 04:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Because I'm bored:

Drew Bledsoe's cone for the human player, All-Madden, default sliders:

Not too bad, eh? Brace yourselves......his cone for the CPU on All-Madden, same settings otherwise:

HOLY CRAP, IT'S PEYTON FREAKIN' MANNING!!

See what I'm getting at here? BTW, Bledsoe is rated an 89 AWR (the stat which affects cone size, as we were told by EA last year).

Oh and I'm on the PS2 version - if you have the 360 game, YMMV.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

i don't know what u guys are talking about, u must be using sliders and playing long qtrs.

Because I play on all madden default 5 min qtrs and I LOVE this game, my only complaint is it may be too easy as now in my 3rd season I am 6-1 with the Vikings.

I have also gone to coach picking plays which I like bc I can't exploit the cpu with the same money plays. I only wish the game would make me feel like I could lose.

Most of my games come down to the last possesion just like the NFL. I see defensive battles with scores 17-10 and shootouts with scores of 31-27 everything seems right for me. I love being able to break records too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »