Home

Has anyone asked EA why no player edits ?

This is a discussion on Has anyone asked EA why no player edits ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Has anyone asked EA why no player edits ?

Has anyone seen a thread or post anywhere that someone has asked one of the EA guys why they dont let us edit players anymore? Or even change numbers like in NCAA ?

I see this Mike Johnson guy gives out info here and there. Regarding the roster update and patch . But has anyone ever asked this guy whats up with the lack of any player edits whatsoever ?

I would love to hear their response to this. If there is one somewhere on the web. And can any of you guys who have connections please ask him this if you ever get a chance.
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

Re: Has anyone asked EA why no player edits ?

That is a very good question?
Old 09-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

so that all the people that don't play without roster updates can't do it themselves, and in the future they will charge for an accurate roster.

however, if they really plan on doing this, they better start making better rosters
Old 09-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Here's a post from someone on the EA Boards. This guy didn't ask about player edits specifically, but asked why we have to pay for alternate uniforms, etc.

I don't know how legit the e-mail correspondence below is... I guess you can decide for yourselves.

BTW, the timeline is from the bottom to the top.

Quote:
From Phab5dj (EA.com) on EA Message Boards
Quote:
Looks like they are only out for your money now.... Even I didn't want to admit it, but after these responses... EA has lost all respect...

If its in the game... YOU have to pay extra... is there new motto.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are having difficulty.

The madden team are currently looking into how they are going to go about releasing the alternate uniforms if there will be any Microsoft points involved and what they will be including. Unfortunately, we could not get a response from them because they are not sure if they will be charging or not for the extra uniforms.

Please respond back to me if you have anymore technical issues concerning the game.
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Customer 09/13/2006 04:21 PM
I appreciate your response and how you addressed my questions. But I would still like an explanation from someone at EA. I am kindly asking that you forward this, like you stated and someone does contact me about the game. I am a big EA, fan but the issues I stated earlier may decide if I continue to purchase your products.

Response (Paul G.) 09/13/2006 04:17 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA technical support. I am sorry that you are having difficulty.

Xbox live silver membership customers should be able to download the latest rosters if they are in the first 30 days of the membership. If you are past that date then you will just have to create a new silver account then attempt to connect with a player online to download the roster and once the roster is downloaded you can copy it from the new account to your old account. Unfortunately, it is up to the development team if they are going to charge for alternative uniforms when they are released.

Please respond back to me if you have anymore technical issues concerning the game.
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Response (Robert M.) 09/13/2006 04:17 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting EASPORTS Technical Support. I apologize for not using your first name. I looked on the previous contact but was unable to find it. I do appreciate the detail you included in your email to us and the time it took to write it. Not many people include as much detail as you did, so I can certainly appreciate the passion you have for the game. First and foremost, let me apologize for Madden 07 not living up to your expectations. No, I didn't make the game myself, but as a representative of EA, it never pleases me to hear a customer is not happy with one of our titles.

I decided that rather than trying to explain or address each of the issues you raised (since I don't have detailed knowledge about the actual programming or marketing of the game), I would simply assure you that I am going to send your comments, word for word, to the game's product manager. Feedback from our customers, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated by the group that develops these titles. In escalating your concerns to the Marketing team, it is my hope that you will be provided with an explaination of the marketing tactics that would be acceptible and to your liking.

Regards,

Rob M.
EASPORTS Technical Support

Customer 09/12/2006 01:32 PM
I am curious why we are being asked to pay money for game features that were left out. People must buy alternate uniforms, and get Xbox Gold to get the roster update. Your Ea Forums, show that all ALL ALL of your customers are pretty upset by this move. "IF ITS IN THE GAME, ITS IN THE GAME". Your false advertising and your trying to extort money out of your fan base. I expect a very detailed response and reasoning as to why we must pay more money for features YOU LEFT OUT. The roster updates should be available to any and everyone, not just Xbox Gold members. And you should not be charging for uniforms, you decided to leave out.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Here's a post from someone on the EA Boards. This guy didn't ask about player edits specifically, but asked why we have to pay for alternate uniforms, etc.

I don't know how legit the e-mail correspondence below is... I guess you can decide for yourselves.

BTW, the timeline is from the bottom to the top.
thanks nxt... I appreciate you posting this... I have a few thoughts...

1) I think it's nice that EA at least talks to it's customers when contacted... but it appears that the reply was from a techincal stand point instead of a Public Realations stand point.... nevertheless they did address the concern albeit in a "its not my dept" way....

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
The madden team are currently looking into how they are going to go about releasing the alternate uniforms if there will be any Microsoft points involved and what they will be including. Unfortunately, we could not get a response from them because they are not sure if they will be charging or not for the extra uniforms.
^^ It's been established that alt uni's may or maynot be cost based either by points or cash... so my question is where are the alt uni's...?!?! are they in the game or not... if not when can you get them... I was under the impression that you paid extra for the alt uni's in NCAA.... but now this doesn't go for Madden...?!? or is this still up in the air...

3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
Unfortunately, it is up to the development team if they are going to charge for alternative uniforms when they are released.
^^ this is a question I've been wanting to ask... why did the Dev. team pick uni's to leave out... why not some other game option like the 40yd dash... or some other combine challenges..... that would've been less controversial since it's new to the title... as opposed to uni's that are a hallmark to all previous football video games...!?!?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I dont think alt. unis are available for NCAA 07 yet, and it has been out 2 freakin months. I dont think they are coming...but IF they do, they will cost market place points....probably per uniform. I found it VERY strange how out of all the huge madden sites (Operation sports, Madden Mania, Madden Nation, etc.) that had access to the developers and conducted interviews...not one of them asked, not even ONCE, why player editing was left out. I would imagine EA tells them what questions to ask/ not ask....because most of the ones that are asked are lobbed up so EA can give an answer that benefits their products...they are NEVER asked about flaws or missing features in these interviews, at least not when it comes to player editing. This was such a HUGE feature to the community(roster editing) its hard for me to believe everyone just "forgot" to ask why it wasnt in.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
Pro

I think all the titles work against each other. Look at the number of people owning 360 but then also owning current gen just for franchise. And with head Coach being introduced this year, what incentive does Madden have to improve Madden's franchise? At the end of the day, we will never have the options we expect so long as people are willing to forgive EA and to buy all the games to get their needs satisfied. If Madden brings all current gen options to next gen, how many sales do they lose on current gen? If they markedly expand franchise, how many sales of Head Coach do they lose.

So I think we have seen the last of create a team, player editing, chain gangs, etc. until current gen sales fall off dramatically and they can't milk anything else out of them

I also wouldn't be surprised if editing is gone so they can make you pay for rosters. Right now we're still in the test balloon stage...ratings PPVs, paying for alternate unis. How much will gamers accept and still buy the product? And with this being the best selling Madden ever, I have no doubt we'll see more of these test balloons.

Here is my question of the day: How many people do you remember when Madden PS2 was in its second year who said "I like PS2 but the glitches and lack of depth made me go back to PS1 for the options I am used to."
Old 09-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
Here is my question of the day: How many people do you remember when Madden PS2 was in its second year who said "I like PS2 but the glitches and lack of depth made me go back to PS1 for the options I am used to."

Thats what makes this situation so sad IMO. There has NEVER been a game where the last gen version was actually better than the next gen version.

Madden has done it two years in a row. And whats the ONE difference between this title and previous new system titles ? Exclusivity. Isnt it grand ?
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »