Home

CPU not making FA pickups etc... (360)

This is a discussion on CPU not making FA pickups etc... (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #9
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CPU not making FA pickups etc... (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
The fact that all your settings are set to Human shouldnt effect it at all....thats how its supposed to be if you are only controlling 1 team. I would suggest controlling all 32 teams, and setting all the coach options to CPU except for the team you want to play with. That way if any weird roster moves are made, you can fix them.
So if you do that in the 360 version will the CPU actually try to trade, release, sign players, draft, etc. On Madden 06 on the PS2, after the draft I got an updated roster (actually it was a Franchise), and it was setup like that so I couldn't change it until after the season was up, but the CPU never tried to make any transactions. But if they try to do things like trades and signings, etc. in the 360 version and you can intervene if it's a stupid deal or something, then I will setup my Franchise like that.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, i know on the current gen you have all those coach options you can set to CPU that you can set all the teams to....that way, they sign their own free agents, fill their roster if needed, etc., but you still have "control" of them, so if they make a dumb move you can go in and change it. I usually go through each team real quickly, usually the depth chart, and make sure nothing dumb has happened. As far as the 360 version.... i couldnt find anywhere to assign the CPU to do anything when you are controlling all 32 teams, except drafting....and then it will even draft for the team you actually want to play your games with. its definitely way easier to do it on current gen than 360....but 360 is the same in the way that you can change any dumb roster moves that are made.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #11
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Well, i know on the current gen you have all those coach options you can set to CPU that you can set all the teams to....that way, they sign their own free agents, fill their roster if needed, etc., but you still have "control" of them, so if they make a dumb move you can go in and change it. I usually go through each team real quickly, usually the depth chart, and make sure nothing dumb has happened. As far as the 360 version.... i couldnt find anywhere to assign the CPU to do anything when you are controlling all 32 teams, except drafting....and then it will even draft for the team you actually want to play your games with. its definitely way easier to do it on current gen than 360....but 360 is the same in the way that you can change any dumb roster moves that are made.
ON the 360 go into setup and you can set the franchise stuff (sign FA, update depth chart, draft etc.)

I leave fill roster to user for all the teams, so I have the option of making sure nothing idiotic happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by afalcons
remember me the score last year at Ralph wilson Stadium
They cheated.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

One other thing I have noticed....if you do not control all of the teams, I can see major problems due to injury.

ALL of the free agent FB's will be snatched up in the preason by the CPU. Most teams have only one fullback and as soon as there is an injury, you can't proceed because the roster requirements are one active fullback. (and using a TE or Ol will not satisfy the requirement)

Therefore, you must trade for a backup fullback from one of the few teams to carry two. I don't know if the cpu would do this or not.

At least if you control the teams, you can make a trade.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I've seen a decent amount of my transactions. Atleast 15 transactions through week 9. In week 4 the Colts released two players and signed two players. That was nice. Brady went down with a 8 week injury and the Pats signed a Qb. Forget who it was.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:42 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
I've seen a decent amount of my transactions. Atleast 15 transactions through week 9. In week 4 the Colts released two players and signed two players. That was nice. Brady went down with a 8 week injury and the Pats signed a Qb. Forget who it was.
Interesting........do you control all teams or just your team?? And do you remember what you have your franchise options set to Human or CPU ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #16
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Interesting........do you control all teams or just your team?? And do you remember what you have your franchise options set to Human or CPU ?
I control only my team. Just checked out my franchise options (forgot to change this) and everything is set to CPU. Didn't even realize this till now but the CPU never did anything for me. But I did change it to user and simmed to see what would happen and there were two signings between week 10 till the end of the regular season.

Also I'm playing this dynasty off the latest roster update by EA and no legends are in my franchise.

Also the player the Pats signed to backup Cassel while Brady is gone was Adrian McPherson for a 1 year deal.

Last edited by Altimus; 09-18-2006 at 05:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »