Home

Anybody playing current-gen on LCD?

This is a discussion on Anybody playing current-gen on LCD? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #17
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Anybody playing current-gen on LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVG
Since you guys are talking about tv's and whatnot, I have a question. I went to BestBuy today because I am very intrested on buying a HDTV. There were two tv's that catched my intrest. I cannot recall the brand(s) of the tv, but one is a 30 inch(100 bucks more) and the other is a 27 inch(100 bucks less). The 30 inch caught my attention more, but I noticed that one of the features on the 27 inch is the 1080i capability. I heard that 1080i looks great in Madden. My question is, should I go for the 30 inch with average features or should I go for the 27 inch since it has 1080i capability? Thanks.
Check the 30in. because it may display 1080i also. 1080i and 720p is HD. Check the 30in. TV and see if it says it's a HDTV. Some brands don't list 1080i specifically as a feature, but most surely will list HD as a feature. If it says that, there's a 99% chance that it can display a 1080i picture. Also current gen is not capable of showing the game in HD, so I hope you're talking about the 360 version of madden.
Having said that, if the 30in. is not a HDTV and you have the 360 version of madden, then the 27in. will look alot better. You'll be essentially playing the game in HD. If anthing else is different ie the 30in IS a HDTV or you're playing on current gen, then get the 30in. Hope this helps.

BTW- You really should try to remember the brand names because, as far as TV's go, there is a big difference in the quality of brands. To help you out: Some of the top brands are Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic. Some of the lower brands are Zenith, RCA, and Magnavox. These aren't all of them, but these are some of the more known brands. This is pretty important because this could determine whether you will need a new tv in 3-7yrs or 8-15 yrs.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:28 PM   #18
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Check the 30in. because it may display 1080i also. 1080i and 720p is HD. Check the 30in. TV and see if it says it's a HDTV. Some brands don't list 1080i specifically as a feature, but most surely will list HD as a feature. If it says that, there's a 99% chance that it can display a 1080i picture. Also current gen is not capable of showing the game in HD, so I hope you're talking about the 360 version of madden.
Having said that, if the 30in. is not a HDTV and you have the 360 version of madden, then the 27in. will look alot better. You'll be essentially playing the game in HD. If anthing else is different ie the 30in IS a HDTV or you're playing on current gen, then get the 30in. Hope this helps.

BTW- You really should try to remember the brand names because, as far as TV's go, there is a big difference in the quality of brands. To help you out: Some of the top brands are Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic. Some of the lower brands are Zenith, RCA, and Magnavox. These aren't all of them, but these are some of the more known brands. This is pretty important because this could determine whether you will need a new tv in 3-7yrs or 8-15 yrs.
Well, both are HDTV's. The 30 inch did not say it supported 1080i so that is why I was leaning towards the 27 inch. I am playing Madden on the 360 and from what I recall the 30 inch was like a no name. But heck, I don't have all the money in the world. Thanks.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Old 09-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #19
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Are they CRT or LCD?
Old 09-23-2006, 11:31 PM   #20
JVG
Rookie

I went back to look at them today. I now know the 30 inch also supports 1080i. They are not lcd. It only says HDTV and the brand(s) are 27inch(Samsung) 30inch(LG)

Old 09-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #21
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVG
I went back to look at them today. I now know the 30 inch also supports 1080i. They are not lcd. It only says HDTV and the brand(s) are 27inch(Samsung) 30inch(LG)
Samsung is a better brand than LG. LG isn't the bottom of the barrel, but they have had their problems in the past. If you are talking about the thin tube TV's, then it really doesn't matter. The picture quality is about the same on both, but, like I said before, the LG has had problems in the past. That's probably why it's only $100 more. I'm not quite sure about their quality nowadays though, so you can take a chance on it if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #22
JVG
Rookie

I knew LG was like this no name. Shu! Never heard of that brand until two days ago. From what I know, they are flat screen HDTV's. My girlfriend was telling me that BestBuy has this tv on sell. She told me it's flat screen lcd HDTV, 27inch. Can't recall that brand name.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you wouldn't mind going LCD, I would also suggest Westinghouse. Thats what I have, they are much cheaper than some of the bigger names but have great quality and I haven't had (or heard anybody else have) problems with them. I have a 32" and am very satisfied with it especially for its price (was $850 at best buy not even on sale.) It even has a built in HDTV tuner so you (most likely) can pick up some channels even with basic cable only- I can get CBS, NBC, ABC, weather, and digital music with just basic cable. I wish Fox came in high def (I don't know why I don't get it but get the other local broadcast stations) so I could watch the Vikings in it, but oh well.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #24
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I have a 30" widescreen Sony Wega HDTV. It was around 750 out the door. I have been VERY impressed with the picture quality. There have been numerous people who also own HD sets come over to watch football games and such, and they always comment on how impressive the picture quality looks. It is, however, a CRT model, but that doesnt bother me in the least. Heavy as hell though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »