Home

Coach Mode....

This is a discussion on Coach Mode.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Coach Mode....

I see in lots of threads of guys playing in "coach mode". This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by this? Is this an actual option in Madden, or are you just setting sliders and watching the game? Again, sorry for the ignorance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Coach Mode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I see in lots of threads of guys playing in "coach mode". This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by this? Is this an actual option in Madden, or are you just setting sliders and watching the game? Again, sorry for the ignorance.
your not the only one that would like an answer...

Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I know on XBox/PS2 it has been an option since Madden 05. It really is a great mode, and that is how I played Madden 05/06. The CPU controls all players, you select the plays, make adjustments, audibles, etc, hike the ball and watch the action. Don't know about the 360 though.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

Ah, i see...so you do everything but control the players, right?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Ah, i see...so you do everything but control the players, right?
You got it...and I believe you can switch to coach mode under the game options (where you set the difficulty, quarter length, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I know on XBox/PS2 it has been an option since Madden 05. It really is a great mode, and that is how I played Madden 05/06. The CPU controls all players, you select the plays, make adjustments, audibles, etc, hike the ball and watch the action. Don't know about the 360 though.
hummm... I'm puzzled.. before I gave madden 05 away... I was very sure you could not play this game in the coach mode style (when picking a play you had to chose a WR to throw too or the QB would just hold the ball)... this was my main gripe... I knew in madden 03 you could...

So are you saying that there is a option whereby you could turn this feature on.... help me out...

Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

I may try it out.....as much as i like conrtolling the players on the field, this could be a good twist to add to the life of the game. Building a team would mean more then i think, because you wouldnt win games based solely on how good YOU are. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #8
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
hummm... I'm puzzled.. before I gave madden 05 away... I was very sure you could not play this game in the coach mode style (when picking a play you had to chose a WR to throw too or the QB would just hold the ball)... this was my main gripe... I knew in madden 03 you could...

So are you saying that there is a option whereby you could turn this feature on.... help me out...
You betcha. Go into Gameplay settings and set Coach Mode to on. I just pulled out my Madden 05 and verified that it is there. You call the plays, the CPU executes them. I did a Steelers franchise as well as set up the real playoffs in Fall of 04 playing this way. I also did a Tampa Bay franchise using coach mode with Madden 06. If you do use it for 06, just make sure you turn the vision cone off for both you and the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »