Home

Madden Challenge (New Orleans)

This is a discussion on Madden Challenge (New Orleans) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden Challenge (New Orleans)

Some stupid reason I didn't sign up for the tourney online to secure my spot, but I don't see them getting 512 guys to sign up, so I should be able to get a walk-in spot. I'm about 1 1/2 drive to New Orleans, so I'm going to try and beat the hoopla of the first Saints game of the year and get there in the early AM.

So anyone ever been to one of these or have some tips on what I should do? Also if you don't have any, just post here to wish me luck because I'm going to need it!

I Thought about just spending the night in a hotel and bring someone, but I figured we would probably party too hard and I would probably miss the tourney because of her lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Madden Challenge (New Orleans)

im highly pissed i cant be in it cause i ****in work for best buy and employees are prohibited from participating, because we are the official sponsor for it.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I would recommend going to New Orleans, staying overnight, and partying with a female. If a Madden tournament is also included, that's great, but not really required.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

Turnouts for Madden Challenge fluctuate year-to-year, city-to-city, but it genuinely gets bigger every year.

Prepare for the cheesers. If you play online, you might have faced some of their tricks and hopefully know how to stop them. The regular tournament is still on the old Xbox, so prepare for the current-gen cheesers.

..also, heed Jim's advice.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

I went to the one in Charlotte NC last year. Had a great time and saw some great Madden players.

The difference between these guys and the cheesers you find on Xbox Live is these guys don't cheese, they glitch. They have found some play that is almost money and run it almost every down. Watch the three or four guys that get to the finals...chances are they'll be running crap that you've never even seen before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #6
MVP

Rainey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I would recommend going to New Orleans, staying overnight, and partying with a female. If a Madden tournament is also included, that's great, but not really required.

Haha... that's the great thing about being close to New Orleans.. you can pretty much do that anytime you want.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Learn how to cheese, thats all these tournies are about.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

Rainey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Learn how to cheese, thats all these tournies are about.
I can handle cheesers pretty good on defense and will just probably run the ball and run out the clock on offense... well that's atleast my goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »