Home

Rumor: 360 Patch Cancelled

This is a discussion on Rumor: 360 Patch Cancelled within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:12 PM   #49
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rumor: 360 Patch Cancelled

There is no cancellation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikejohnson
Guys -

I wanted to dispel the rumors that I've seen on various forums - Nothing has come back saying that the patch is being pushed to November or canceled. I will follow up ASAP with another update or any changes in info, but rumors about a cancellation or November date are false.

Thanks.
Still no information on when its coming out!!
WIZ
Old 10-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #50
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 360 Patch no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
What negative PR are they getting now?

Remember MVP 2004? They didn't patch the issues there for Xbox... no bad PR there.

Same thing here... EA doesn't patch it, no one seems to care. Do you see articles... ANYTHING... that have even addressed the issues FOR the patch outside of online video game forums..?
Hey Pared, not trying to be super nit-picky, but the MVP problem wasn't really as easily correctable. Patches on the 360 are becoming something of a norm for many games while back on the PS2 and Xbox the games would have had to be remade and replaced. EA seems to have missed the next-gen memo.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #51
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
*GASP* What did you do to the real Quietcool?
Howdy Graphik...
Oh, i'm the same ol' SOB. I just "thought" that the lapse in Madden 06 Current gen would be made up for in Madden 06 360... which was a huge dissappointment.

You and Jmood called it long before I did. (I posted about this last November, but you guys never responded..must've been busy) I was giving EA the benefit of the doubt. I thought there were still some gamers on the dev team with some pride.

Pride seems to have been replaced with pushing whatever out the door to meet a deadline, whether it works or not.

What really irks me is that EA's plan for Next Gen was to release raw betas to the public, and tell everyone "Hey, built from the ground up..."

That's a bad plan- at least in terms of quality.

I argue we all would have been better off if they would have ported current gen's engine over and pimped the graphics massively for 2 years, while having a seperate team working on the future 360 product for a few years till it was up to scratch in terms of bugs, features, ESPN integration..etc.

Instead, Madden 360 Beta 2 hit the shelves this August...and for the most part with a Madden 2003 feature set. ('cept Madden 03 played better online..)

What's worse- it looks like EA's focus (according to what they are revealing in NBA Live 07 360) isn't so much that the ESPN license is about adding ESPN presentation and style to the game (like 2K did)..but rather to allow users to stream live, real world "sportcenter" and "PTI" via the 360.

That's nice and all...but I think if we really wanted to just WATCH an ESPN broadcast... we'd do it by turning to ESPN on the dial.

What a mess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

[quote=quietcool72;2672117]

What's worse- it looks like EA's focus (according to what they are revealing in NBA Live 07 360) isn't so much that the ESPN license is about adding ESPN presentation and style to the game (like 2K did)..but rather to allow users to stream live, real world "sportcenter" and "PTI" via the 360.
[quote]

I think its one of those things where they bought it "to keep it from the other guys" deals.

And I could go on about how dissapointed I was, and I also defended EA last year. Wasn't expecting anything unreachable, but this, this is just Bad...And if there is or isn't a patch, Its too late for me anyways...Hey I can live w/o alt uni's. Don't like it, but not a huge gamekiller...But not having fatigue and saying "Its different than last years fatigue" just say hey we F'd up...and which way is this game going, some things arent too bad, but then you see something that has no reason to be there...And what's up with the 2 player playcall screen, I know you can bluff plays & all, but its like they took a step forward in graphics and about 3 back in thinking...I can't name one thing about 07 360 thats better about 06 xbox besides graphics and as a former CPU Programmer thats just either laziness or lack of focus from top to bottom...OK so I did go on a lil
Old 10-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #53
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Funny because today I just saw the news of EA completing its buy of DICE. Then read where Marcus Nilsson, senior producer of Battlefield: 2142, said this in a recent interview,

Quote:
It's not that we are necessarily very bad, we're not, but there is a very vocal minority on the forums who say 'EA is crap' and 'DICE are lazy', but they're all probably playing the game every day already anyway. We have minor problems, sometimes we have big problems, but minor problems are not what people should write about. Maybe they should write about why they're playing Battlefield every day. But that's human nature, I guess - you have a vocal minority and a silent majority.
This to me pretty much sums up the attitude at EA which is the customer is right ... as long as they say good things, if not, they are nothing but a vocal minority so who cares, they still buy our games and probably more feaverently than all the casual gamers.

This takes me back to BFMC for the 360. The day it was released EVERY single person was having inconsistant issues with voice chat - sometimes it worked but most often it didn't. EA posted this update on that day

Quote:
We are glad you are enjoying Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for the Xbox 360. We are aware that a small percentage of you are experiencing problems with the headset communicator. We are working on a solution for this, which will be released in a patch.
The patch came about two months later and still did not completely resolve the communication issues.

EA is the worlds largest game developer and publisher. They have more resources at their disposal than any other company yet when it comes to customer satisfaction I have to say they rank amoung the worst. They simply do not care about customers...only potential ones. That is why we saw a quick update to the issue prior to the release of Madden 07 and nothing since.

Do you really think it was a mere coincedence that NBA Live was getting 30 minute spots on prime time tv but every single review site was slighted on getting an early copy of the game?

The only way EA will start caring about customers is when they no longer have any and their board of directors is axing people. So the more you keep buying into their pre-release hype and plopping your cash down to get burned over and over the longer we are all going to have to wait to see the true potential from this underachieving publisher.

Last edited by lnin0; 10-02-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis
Selling back your game does not hurt EA. When you don't buy the game next year, it is going to hurt EA.
Oh don't worry. Selling back Madden, NCAA, and probably NHL 07 is just a way for me to recoup a "little" of the cost. I'm never buying an EA sport title again unless it's a complete and great game. I'm tired of all these half *** releases and then blaming it on "next gen".
Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #55
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xythander
Oh don't worry. Selling back Madden, NCAA, and probably NHL 07 is just a way for me to recoup a "little" of the cost. I'm never buying an EA sport title again unless it's a complete and great game. I'm tired of all these half *** releases and then blaming it on "next gen".
Amen. I hope lots of people share our point of view on this....that way, maybe EA will change. Sadly, no matter if 08 is just simply a roster update, it will sell millions...because people just want to play a football videogame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #56
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Selling back your EA games might not be the same as taking your purchase money back from them but it will take someone elses purchase money away from them when they buy your used games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »