Home

The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

This is a discussion on The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:31 AM   #97
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: The long awaited downloadable content will begin to show up this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Exactly big wig companies like ea thrive off people like you.
It's called a free market. Actually most of our country has thrived off of consumers like me, not just corporations.

Be that as it is, I went to college worked hard to graduate, I worked hard to get the job I have now, I work even harder to make my money, and as such, I can do with it whatever I damn well want to. So no, I don't think I will take financial or purchasing advice on some online uniforms, from some disgruntled kids on an internet gaming forum.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:33 AM   #98
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Amen BK. If they decide to release Cleveland Municipal Stadium I'll download it. And if they have some really nice old stadiums (as someone mentioned, Shea Stadium) I may download those too. And the Chargers throwbacks if they release them.
Powder blue's are exactly what I am waiting for.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:27 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 2

First of all BK, im not some disgrutled kid on a gaming forum. I went to college and worked hard to graduate with a Bacholers degree in Buisness Manegmnet. I also worked ever hard to obtain my position that I have today. That's not the point.... I am saying that the Capitalistic society we live in companies take advantage of the stupidity within the consumer. Everyone lashes out at EA for making an inferrior product yet those are the same people that are first inline to shel out the $60 for the game and then shell out more money to get downloaded content for the same game that should be included with the game! Now the more people pay for this BS downloaded content the more EA sits back and laughs at you while they take your money. Do you like getting the shaft?? If so then go right ahead and keep feeding them your money. Things will not change until the consumer smartens up and refuses to pay for something that is inferrior. IF you cannot understand that then I doubt you even attended a basic economics course in college..
Old 10-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #100
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
First of all BK, im not some disgrutled kid on a gaming forum. I went to college and worked hard to graduate with a Bacholers degree in Buisness Manegmnet. I also worked ever hard to obtain my position that I have today. That's not the point.... I am saying that the Capitalistic society we live in companies take advantage of the stupidity within the consumer. Everyone lashes out at EA for making an inferrior product yet those are the same people that are first inline to shel out the $60 for the game and then shell out more money to get downloaded content for the same game that should be included with the game! Now the more people pay for this BS downloaded content the more EA sits back and laughs at you while they take your money. Do you like getting the shaft?? If so then go right ahead and keep feeding them your money. Things will not change until the consumer smartens up and refuses to pay for something that is inferrior. IF you cannot understand that then I doubt you even attended a basic economics course in college..

I have never met a BM graduate that says capitalist like it's a bad word ala Kim Il Jong before.

The rest of this post, speaks for itself. I somehow doubt someone at EA is going to laugh at me, because I spent $1.50 on a powder blue Chargers jersey.

But all that is besides the point. I understand that EA is seeing if the market will bear microtransactions. I am saying I don't care. It's my money and I can spend it anyway I so choose. That's the beauty of living in America, and living in a free market. So no, I will not take advice on how to spend my money from some nobody on an internet gaming forum.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrat005
Well the thread was back on topic.. Oh well................

Anyway.........I know noone will know the answer for sure unless you work for EA but I'm hoping that they will allow us to use the downloadable alt. uniforms for Madden '08 or just include them in the game. I can totally understand paying for the stadiums. (especially with the detail in them) . I mean just browse the market place and check out some of the other BS stuff that is charged for. Anyone not taking advantage of that would be crazy.
The uniforms I hope they release more then just one alternate per team. I'm a Dolphins fan and I'd love to see the orange jerseys and the teal on teal but the all white is an absolute must since they are the actual home uniforms that the phins wear.

Any other retro stadiums that you guys are hoping to see?? I'm just curious i mean theres an obvious few that come to mind but i hope at the least they get creative if we're going to be paying for them.

The smartest thing said in this entire thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 6

If they could have enough retro jerseys and old stadiums I would like to see them somehow release some named classic rosters.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 28

YES!! Finally, I get to spend another $15 on a $70 game....

Well, I bought The Kingdome (it is sweet) and The Coliseum (haven't used yet).

I am hoping for the following:
1) All throwbacks
--If not, want the Eagles jerseys of 1980 and 1990
--Seahawks 1984
--Detroit 1980
--Oilers (Titans throwbacks)
--Cowboys darks from 1976 and 1988
--1998 Rams
--1980 Bills
--1972 and 1985 Dolphins
--1980 Cleveland (orange pants)
--1982 Bengals
--1980 Niners
--1980 Minnesota (white face masks)
--1980 Chargers

2) Alternates, even those not used ala NFL 2K5 (Minnesota yellow and Raiders silver as examples)

3) The following stadiums
--Astrodome
--Minnesota's old stadium
--Silverdome
--St. Louis
--Three Rivers
--Riverfront
--Veterans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »