Home

$2.00 for Tuturial videos on Marketplace...

This is a discussion on $2.00 for Tuturial videos on Marketplace... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2006, 11:07 AM   #25
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: $2.00 for Tuturial videos on Marketplace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion21
I knew this was going to come to pass. When EA grabbed that license, I knew it was a bad thing. For one, I am never a fan of eliminating competition it is what the foundation of video games was built on from PAC MAN to Atari 2600 to Intellivision to Coleco Vision to Sega Master System to Nintendo to the Sega Genesis and on and on. Competition is what made EA better. Now without it they can nickel and dime. It is why you have a McDonalds, a Wendy's, Burger King etc. Some people just prefer different things and should be allowed to do that. Some people like NBA 2k7 some people like live. You have a right as a consumer to buy what you want and like what you want. We have a choice we can buy the content or not. I won't be. This is the same kind of nickel and diming that crashed the video game industry in the 80's. EA better be careful how they approach this. I hope they don't think that a ripple affect can't happen to them. I don't think it is fair to take out features and content that were in the last generation of games and tell the consumers of the new generation of games, well you can either buy the old gen and have everything at a cheaper price or you can by the stripped down new gen game and pay extra for what you can get free in old gen. As crazy as it may sound people will buy the stuff. I mean Madden 07 for the 360 is not a good enough game for me to buy extra content for. Just my opinion. I don't care how many jersey's or stadiums I buy, the game stills plays a less than mediocre game of football. As for all the other games, NBA Live, Tiger Woods, etc... Well let's just say that those games need some serious overhauls. I mean I watched the TV comercial of NBA Live 07, when the guy is playing with T-Mac and drives down the lane for the dunk, not one defender moved to the lane to take a charge or anything just stood around like they did not know what defense was. You know what guy commented on? T-Macs shoes and how you can see the logo on his shorts, this is what EA believes they can sell you on, a pretty face, with no brains. Happens on Madden too. The games graphically are out of sight, but when is the game play ever going to break ground on something totally never seen. There is an old saying that what goes up must come back down, and EA is starting to decline. It may not happen all at once, but it will happen if they keep moving in the direction they are moving in. Just because Microsoft created a market place and charges for Xbox live does not mean EA has to sell you stuff in the market place. They do that by choice not because MS forces them to do so. In the beginning EA did not want to make any of their sports titles available on X-box live because they wanted to use their own servers and MS did not want that to happen. So too me this EA's doing all EA and no one else. Saying hey you paid for X-box live, so let's see what else you are willing to pay for.
Paragraphs, my friend. Paragraphs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deion21
I mean I watched the TV comercial of NBA Live 07, when the guy is playing with T-Mac and drives down the lane for the dunk, not one defender moved to the lane to take a charge or anything just stood around like they did not know what defense was. You know what guy commented on? T-Macs shoes and how you can see the logo on his shorts, this is what EA believes they can sell you on, a pretty face, with no brains. Happens on Madden too.
The entire premise of your post is 100% accurate, I'd just point out that the tv commercials are usually filmed on the easiest rookie level to help them make the big plays more often.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #27
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I'm not buying them, I feel that they should be part of the game. But I'm sure that people will buy them and EA will sell them again next year. Oh well.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:08 PM   #28
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
If they are not careful it could really piss the consumer to the point where they may not even buy the game. Not just EA but the other companys thinking of doing the same. This makes it obvious that EA is very desperate and really bit off much more than they could chew with this expensive license.
The only reason this is happening is because they cannot make enough money on game sales so they must find a way to make more revenue , but there is a limit on how much money people are willing to spend on video games and video game content. When the deal with the NFL expires the NFL may ask for much more than the cost of current license. EA needs the license and the NFL will have them between a rock and a hard place.
not really true. EA made tons of money off madden sales. However they're testing how far the money will go with things like this. Lots of companies tinker with price points or what to not include in basic packages. It has little or nothing to do with not making enough money on game sales.

I also think EA has positioned themselves in a way that the NFL will need them to make their games, not the other way around like you feel. I don't see how the NFL can ask for more money in a license deal when EA is the only one able to make one immediately. It won't make competition any easier for new bidders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »