Home

IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace

This is a discussion on IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: IGN Interview about Madden on Marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
THIS is the scariest part of the whole interview.

Oh man, they've only just started? What else are they planning on charging for?

I can see several different routes they can take.

What Im afraid will happen is the game will continue to ship stripped down for $60, and for extra cash via marketplace, you can build your game back up to where it should be.

Im pretty sure they will start charging for accurate roster updates. Would make sense since alot of folks complain about it.

There are a ton of other ideas that I have that they could charge for, but I dont want to leak any ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I wholeheartedly agree with you and I used to be the biggest EA sports backer....not anymore.

and best of all we get to buy the same extra stuff every year.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #43
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN Sports
Aren't you worried about a backlash from gamers who used to get alternate uniforms for free, but now you want to nickel and dime us for every throwback?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Lange
Yes. Worried about that and that's all being built in to our pricing strategy, which hasn't been finalized yet. There are prices for stadium that haven't been available before and for strategy guides, but we haven't announced our pricing strategy on the jerseys. I'm looking at it as, we're getting started and we're certainly sensitive to the market and to other ways we can get this out to consumers, whether that's on a disk or something like that, but I look at it like this: I'm a Madden 360 gamer, I have my game, and we have all this content. The pipeline we get this content to customers after we finish the game is the Marketplace. How the Madden team works, once the game is done they are already cranking on how to make next year's better. So now they're off working on next year's product, designing that, and the good news is now we have a secondary team working to keep a pipeline active for the existing game. That to me, as a sports gamer, is a good sign because after I buy the game I'll still be able to go to the Marketplace and find cool stuff to add. Whether it's taking some jerseys and moving them into high-res or actually building out some exclusive uniforms or stadiums, that to me is a cool lineup of stuff to indicate a start. That's the point I want to impress, we're just getting started. It will be cooler next year, it will be cooler next month, but the pipeline has started with some pretty cool stuff to begin with.
Is it just me but besides the "yes" does his answer actually have anything to do with the question?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #44

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I'm not oing to rant or go on and on about it...but i was slighly insulted by EA after reading this interview.
It's funny how just now there are people who feel like they are being insulted(not referring specifically to you) but for years ea has been treating their sports game customers as if they are idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Lange
That's not on our plan. In general, our strategy is to find stuff on the next-generation games that the customers don't have today and figure out how to get it to them. To extend the gaming experience in a way that keeps the game fun and exciting.
Yeah because you took them out of the game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 10-05-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bringer
After I sold Madden on ebay because of the garbage servers they provide this year,I pretty much will never buy another ea game agian!

The Company has lost its touch with what made them.
EA lost touch a few years ago. When they started to blame us for their problems. EA has been saying for a few years now that it was our connection and that we in fact where the servers. They will be fee to set up leagues or tournaments etc. Stuff that other companies are now giving us for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #46
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

EA sports is a joke. Once the make the uniforms this year, they will not have to make them again until the Xbox 720 or PS4. They will give the usual EA excuses, but it is all a bunch of crap. I could care less about the alternate uniforms and stadiums, but it is unfair to charge those who do (since it was already offered in the past).

I would have NO problem paying for accurate rosters, and I mean 100% accurate rosters, not 95%, not 99%, but 100% accurate rosters. With the NFL license, this should not be an issue (i think).

Another thing I would pay for is classic teams. But these teams should have the player's names and be 100% accurate. Again, with the NFL license, this should not be an issue (i think).

If certain player's names can not be used than create the player with their real numbers and give them a generic name that can be renamed. I doubt anyone can copyright the #56 for old school Giants or the #80 for the 49ers.

Start giving us some real extras and stop with all this bullsh*T.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #47

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Gotta give it to IGN for asking the questions. The answers given by EA were to be expected.
Yeah I was surprised that ign grew some balls and asked some tougher questions, even though the answers were the usual pr bs.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #48

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Blame Microsoft.. They created the marketplace for one sole purpose..To nickel & dime gamers to death..Everyone that heard J allard talk about in 05, knew what to expect..He made it clear YOU would be PAYING for clothe, weapons, levels, etc.. I love to bash EA, but I defend them here..They are just using the tools MS has given them..& expect some freebies thrown in to calm down irate gamers.. & ppl, Alt jeresys were free this gen..Who said they would always be free..Yes, I think it's lame that Alt jerseys aren't in the game..You are paying 60.00 bucks..Again, speak with your money..If this really bothers you don't buy Madden 07 or 08..& don't buy any of the prem down loads they offer..
Maybe that was part of it but i saw the marketplace as something where there are things like extra maps or whatever that the developers weren't able to put into the games but finished them and put them out later. No other genre of game is shipping with things that used to be free out of the game but up on marketplace for a fee. There aren't any fps's that have guns that you have to buy or anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »