Home

What is the progression problem?

This is a discussion on What is the progression problem? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: What is the progression problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
So my guess is this...it's probably just hard to shed blocks in general, regardless of it you are using the NCAA draft class or the generated Madden one.
What I meant to say was that, when you import a Draft class from NCAA 07 the Defensive Ends and Linebackers have terrible block shedding ratings. As in I drafted a DE who is 86 overall, with 80 speed, 86 acc, 49 awer, High 80 Finesse and Power Moves but only has 46 Block Shedding ability.

Linebackers are simliar to this, all block shedding is below 50 points total.

So every Linebacker and Defensive end I draft with Madden Classes, is worse at shedding blocks than Akbar Gabaja-Biamila (65 block shed)

All NCAA imported Corners have less than 65 zone and man coverage ability;which doesn't improve through progression.

So down the line you start to have flawed created characters if you import through NCAA. But if I use madden generated drafts, I get the whole Top 10 DE thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 02:29 AM   #42
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

^^Exactly. So which would you say is a worse glitch to endure? I'm doing the generated rookie class, too, and my issue with this is that you are gonna run into a situation where teams aren't drafting for need, but rather stockpiling on DE's due to a glitch. So, teams probably won't be impoving as much as they should.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
^^Exactly. So which would you say is a worse glitch to endure? I'm doing the generated rookie class, too, and my issue with this is that you are gonna run into a situation where teams aren't drafting for need, but rather stockpiling on DE's due to a glitch. So, teams probably won't be impoving as much as they should.

Hate to say it guys--but it appears that if we want just halfway accurate drafts, we're going to have to control all teams and draft for them.

Don't ya just love Next Generation Madden!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »