Home

Are we at that time we will need 2 football games...?

This is a discussion on Are we at that time we will need 2 football games...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Are we at that time we will need 2 football games...?

the real reason madden is not better is because it doesn't have to be... EA Sports is the only company that can make football games, so, they don't HAVE TO make this game any better than it is...

This game is unexplainable on All Madden... I don't care how good you are, or how good your team is, on All Madden things happen that would never happen in real life... EA does not address any problems/bugs/glitches, because they really dont need to...

we will buy this game for the sole reason that it is the ONLY FOOTBALL GAME!!! EA knows this, and here we are, another year, with another sub par football title...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Is this not unlike the 2K WS edition of baseball last year? Companies are out to make money anyway they can...it's your choice to buy or not....
No , two different scenarios. 2K WS edition just added a DVD and a roster update among a few other things. The original MLB 2K5 had everything a baseball videogame player needed. Nothing vital was left out. 2K WS was just rehashing the game for the real MLB playoff season while the fire was hot.

The title of this thread is a bit misleading but i will say it's DUE time we had 2 football games again. EA's offering this year, at least for 360 owners, was PALE and LAME. If 2K could make a generic football game with the same quality they put in NBA 2K7 I'd pay 100 bucks for it without a second thought.

Last edited by totalownership; 10-06-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #11
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I think FIFA World Cup game to a regular FIFA title, are totally separate... than Madden regular season to Madden playoffs and SuperBowl.

Do NBA title's have an Olympic trial run, and actual Olympics games in it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Everyone is going on about the market place issue and Im not here to rehash that. However it has got me to thinking about just how close we are to needing 2 football games to complete a season.

Yea, extra jerseys and stadiums are pure fluff and not required...but look at the FIFA franchise. They have 2 FiFa games. 1 you play the season, but have no world cup...the other you just play the tournament and try to get to the world cup. They deliberatly left out key components of the soccer season so they could resell the game again with the playoffs. This isnt a matter of $1-2$ for some needless items, but an extra $60. This could be pretty significant.

Even though soccer is the worlds most popular sport, Madden is the top selling sports game. What is to stop EA from releasing a football game that allows you to complete a season....but then require you to buy another game in order to continue to the playoffs and the Super Bowl. You may think this is far fetched, but they have already done it with soccer. With EA having the exclusive to football games, I can see this as a possibility.

Do you think that we could see this in the future? I believe its a possibility and Im scared of it. Just wanted to see others opinions on this.
If the overall quality of EA Sports Games (NBA NFL) were above par, then I might say its possible. I was pissed when I found on FIFA that I couldnt play in the world cup, then another came out where I could. I thought it was unnecessary so I didnt buy it. EA may have the power now but they'll need to impress a whole lot of people before they think people are going to buy 2 games for one purpose. And a couple more disaters like this year they just might find thier own fanboys pissed at them.
http://www.slamduncan.com/
Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #13
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I don't think anyone mentioned it but there are already two professional football games - Madden and now NFL Head Coach. It seems to me that a lot of the stuff in Head Coach should have found its way into franchise mode...
Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I don't think anyone mentioned it but there are already two professional football games - Madden and now NFL Head Coach. It seems to me that a lot of the stuff in Head Coach should have found its way into franchise mode...
...and if there was competition, it would have.......

Someone (woodjer) posted in another thread that EA could start charging you for something (in this case it would be the post-season) and EA would say, "It's not free for us to make, why should you get post-season for free"...... and if there wasn't a big enough market for it, EA would say that the people don't want it and they won't make it at all......

I'm not concerned about this particular matter for the short term, but for the long-term (like if EA renews the exclusive license until 2020) I most certainly am concerned.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm not a soccer fan so didn't realize the distinction between the two versions. And there hasn't been outrage about it? It could be EA was able to get away with it since the World Cup is held every four years (?). Doubt they could bring out a new version every year. I have very little regard for EA but if they attempted that - well, that establishes a new low.

But doubt they would

Good post and they did the same thing pretty much years ago with NBA Live and USA Basketball. I cant really see it as a way to get extra money, its just two distint titles that merit their own game. Its like Arena football and NFL football being in two completely diffrent packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Yea, extra jerseys and stadiums are pure fluff and not required...but look at the FIFA franchise. They have 2 FiFa games. 1 you play the season, but have no world cup...the other you just play the tournament and try to get to the world cup. They deliberatly left out key components of the soccer season so they could resell the game again with the playoffs.
The World Cup is not part of the soccer season. Club play, which is what the regular FIFA game is about has nothing to do with the World Cup. So it's nothing like having a game with the season but no playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »