Home

So who likes Madden 360?

This is a discussion on So who likes Madden 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: So who likes Madden 360?

I like it. Most fun I have had with Madden since 2003.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 AM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

First Madden I have liked in half a decade.

I am still having a ton of fun in SS mode.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:37 AM   #35
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Too many problems with this game for myself to list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 04:17 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Its the Darryl Strawberry of Video Games.

Has Tons of potential, but will probably never fully get realized because of one reason or another....One of those Could've Would've, Should've games...Almostys every problem you can insert those words.. If they (Add complaint & one of those).

Although after saying that, not as bad as people make it out to be & I have played some bad ones.....to anyone who wants to complain..Pop in some of those bad early 90's football games & this will look like gold..Good example of this would be "John Elway Football"...Now that was a BAD game
Old 10-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

I haven't traded it in yet, but I haven't picked it up to even glimpse at it in 3-4 weeks either. Only have been able to stomach playing a handful of complete games. Player interaction and goofy animations (players noticeably skate/strafe horribly; models stiffly "lean" into directional changes) sink it for me. Defense is pretty much a side prop, except when they're retrieving the multitude of turnovers which can't be toned down. Lack of player individuality sticks out even more post-NBA2K7. OL/DL play is much improved though, and there seems to be less emphasis on speed as in past Maddens.

Overall just a huge disappointment/extremely mediocre. Just not sure this engine's going to cut it. Two iterations in and there's still more to be disappointed about than to be excited for future potential.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-06-2006, 07:36 AM   #38
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Pre patch - no, I hadn't even touched it

Post patch - I love this game. Never thought I would say that the way this game started for me.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-06-2006, 07:47 AM   #39
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I like the game but I wish it had more of the current gen features like the formation subs, formation shifts, and defensive playmaker..
That's the very reason I prefer current gen over the 360 version. I love the graphics and animations of the 360 version and the collision detection issues were much improved over NCAA 360, but at the end of the day, the current gen version gives me much more of what I want in a football game than the 360 version does.

I thought the current gen control is a little tighter and more precise, expecially on defense. Also, there are two things that absolutely kill the 360 version for me. One is the horrible radio announcer and the second one is the stupid cutscene that plays everytime when you break the huddle. Not the cutscene itself, but the fact that you can hit A and immediately be at the line of scrimmage ready to snap the ball. It completely ruins all aspects of clock management as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I like the game but I don't love it.
Sums it for me as well. I don't regret buying it and will keep the game. If next years game isn't alot better than this or comes with more bugs then i'll be playing Madden 07 next year as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »