Home

Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

This is a discussion on Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

I told you ppl that wheels can defitnitely start turning when you start from the net. Who knows how far this will go but alot of ppl always shoot ppls faith down when they want to voice thier concern. There are no deaf ears especially when devs constantly visit this site. Our cries dont go unheard. It just takes someone with balls to go do something about it.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I told you ppl that wheels can defitnitely start turning when you start from the net. Who knows how far this will go but alot of ppl always shoot ppls faith down when they want to voice thier concern. There are no deaf ears especially when devs constantly visit this site. Our cries dont go unheard. It just takes someone with balls to go do something about it.
Therein lies the problem. Unless someone in upper management wants any problems fixed, they aren't going to be fixed. Upper management doesn't care what a few people on the internet say. They care what the revenue stream says compared to the past 5-10 years. If it drastically goes down, they might look at other options. Sadly asking the dev's what they think should change probably isn't high on their list. They'll just toss more money toward marketing and say "Make it better".

I see nothing that will come of any internet EA boycott, letter or whatever one wants to call it. Until the revenue stream takes a very large hit in successive years, EA won't be concerned (nor would/should any corporation for that matter).
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

At the risk of taking a cheap shot at OS, which I hate to do considering how much I love this site, there will not be a letter from them due to the ramifications. Remember the site stance on releasing player stats prior to the PPV? Do it and you'll be banned. MM and MN are also not going to do do it for the same reasons. EA calls the shots and if OS, MM, or MN did write a letter and it did get coverage, EA would make sure there would be no more developer interviews, no more early release copies to review, and no more invites to play the game a month before release. OS, MM, and MN, the people who could make a difference, won't do it because EA is out of control and if there is not the requisite amount of butt kissing, they will give the love to other sites and OS will be on the outside looking in next year. It really stinks, guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

OVR: 2

Can't agree with the above poster in regards to OS---MM, oh yeah, but I have never really seen any kiss up around here, and don't think OS oughta be accused of it.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
At the risk of taking a cheap shot at OS, which I hate to do considering how much I love this site, there will not be a letter from them due to the ramifications. Remember the site stance on releasing player stats prior to the PPV? Do it and you'll be banned. MM and MN are also not going to do do it for the same reasons. EA calls the shots and if OS, MM, or MN did write a letter and it did get coverage, EA would make sure there would be no more developer interviews, no more early release copies to review, and no more invites to play the game a month before release. OS, MM, and MN, the people who could make a difference, won't do it because EA is out of control and if there is not the requisite amount of butt kissing, they will give the love to other sites and OS will be on the outside looking in next year. It really stinks, guys.
But don't you think that EA is using these media sites in order to build pre-release hype??? The way I see it, it's a two-way street........ sites like OS and MM get the go to have hands-on previews, and the sites relay the news back to its regular viewers, which gets many of them hyped up to play the game. I know EA wants that.

More and more people are logging on the Internet everyday, and some of these people are looking for what they need to look forward to coming August.

I'm not saying everybody who buys Madden looks on the Net for previews and such......... I know I don't have any scientific evidence, but the number of people logging on the Net for the first time is increasing, and some of these people will Google "Madden 2008 Preview" for the first time in their lives, and I'd say the % of people who do that (out of the customers Madden is in the market for) is increasing...... if the customers get something to look forward to, the more likely they will be at the store 11:50 pm before Madden releases, or better yet, trying to drive across state lines looking for a merchant who is selling the game early. I know EA likes that.

Sure, they could just let their name sell their product, but they would be missing opportunities for sales, and I would imagine they want to patch up any of these opportunities and turn them into buys. And marketing with just commercials is not the same as marketing with in-depth info on the game.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 10-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #14
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Therein lies the problem. Unless someone in upper management wants any problems fixed, they aren't going to be fixed. Upper management doesn't care what a few people on the internet say. They care what the revenue stream says compared to the past 5-10 years. If it drastically goes down, they might look at other options. Sadly asking the dev's what they think should change probably isn't high on their list. They'll just toss more money toward marketing and say "Make it better".

I see nothing that will come of any internet EA boycott, letter or whatever one wants to call it. Until the revenue stream takes a very large hit in successive years, EA won't be concerned (nor would/should any corporation for that matter).

Dont speak so soon. Depends on how far this goes. I doubt EA would come out and publicly apologize but it could get us a far more better and complete game next year.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Originally Posted by mjb2124

Quote:
Dont speak so soon. Depends on how far this goes. I doubt EA would come out and publicly apologize but it could get us a far more better and complete game next year.
To me, the letter being published by Gamepro and the interview and article on IGN re: the Marketplace are a start. It's better than people just saying there is no hope, so no use in making any noise. When brought to their attention by the community website leaders, look how fast EA came out to respond to the glitches (HOF and Fatigue) found early... Why did they respond so fast.. at least with a statement? because they were afraid that the negative publicity and findings regarding the glitches/issues would affect their sales. Look how EA responded to the bad reviews by such publications... by having them hold reviews until a week after release for NBA Live 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 05:44 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Ehh, I'm not seeing it and I doubt we'll get that much better of a game over something such as this. At least not until the revenue stream drops. Money makes the world go round....it's no different here.

Trust me on the developer point though (as I've seen it firsthand many times). There hands are tied unless upper management/project managers want something changed. A developer might think the original idea sucks and that it should be changed, but unless there told to do so by the guys who pay their large salaries, it ain't changing.

Bottomline is that the worst thing someone can do to EA is not buy their products. Ranting, raving, posting et al.... it won't bother EA (I'm sure they've seen much worse as a large corporation like that gets sued almost weekly). However, not buying their products will cause upper management to think twice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »