Home

Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

This is a discussion on Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Bottomline is that the worst thing someone can do to EA is not buy their products. Ranting, raving, posting et al.... it won't bother EA (I'm sure they've seen much worse as a large corporation like that gets sued almost weekly). However, not buying their products will cause upper management to think twice.
That's the point about websites and publications shining the light on such issues... maybe people will read these articles and decide not to purchase said game because of the problems that they've read or heard about.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
At the risk of taking a cheap shot at OS, which I hate to do considering how much I love this site, there will not be a letter from them due to the ramifications. Remember the site stance on releasing player stats prior to the PPV? Do it and you'll be banned. MM and MN are also not going to do do it for the same reasons. EA calls the shots and if OS, MM, or MN did write a letter and it did get coverage, EA would make sure there would be no more developer interviews, no more early release copies to review, and no more invites to play the game a month before release. OS, MM, and MN, the people who could make a difference, won't do it because EA is out of control and if there is not the requisite amount of butt kissing, they will give the love to other sites and OS will be on the outside looking in next year. It really stinks, guys.
EA already ignores OS so I'm not sure it really matters. I don't think OS has recieved a beta copy of any EA game in years....if ever.

The player stat issue had a lot of circumstances surrounding it. I don't know all of them so I can't really comment on it with knowledge, but my guess is that EA could've sued OS over those ratings if they would've been released. That info wasn't supposed to be public yet. That's possibly why Steve issued the banning for any ratings that were posted.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
That's the point about websites and publications shining the light on such issues... maybe people will read these articles and decide not to purchase said game because of the problems that they've read or heard about.
Sure, but when you're only reaching a small % of people, I don't see it making a difference. OS and MM and MN probably only equal .0008% of all Madden sales.

I don't know the answer to getting them to put out a better product, but I don't think all these small insignifant steps will phase EA in the least. Maybe if a game store stopped selling EA games that would be a huge step in the right direction, but I doubt any gamestore would ever go that route.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #20
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Sure, but when you're only reaching a small % of people, I don't see it making a difference. OS and MM and MN probably only equal .0008% of all Madden sales.

I don't know the answer to getting them to put out a better product, but I don't think all these small insignifant steps will phase EA in the least. Maybe if a game store stopped selling EA games that would be a huge step in the right direction, but I doubt any gamestore would ever go that route.
I'm sure you're right about small % of people from OS, MM, and MN membership and readers... but what about sites like IGN, Gamespot, Gamepro, etc. I wonder if a print publication (mags) would be so bold as to write an article in regards to such a story/issue... I'm sure, their hands would be tied to because of the almighty (advertising) dollar.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm sure you're right about small % of people from OS, MM, and MN membership and readers... but what about sites like IGN, Gamespot, Gamepro, etc. I wonder if a print publication (mags) would be so bold as to write an article in regards to such a story/issue... I'm sure, their hands would be tied to because of the almighty (advertising) dollar.
I think those sites/mags do reach a wider audience, but like you said, there hands are probably tied. I'm sure they get a lot of perks from EA and aren't going to be willing to sever those ties. Just a guess though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #22
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been thinking all year long, how "weird" it is/was that NONE of the big Madden sites, mostly directed to those who got to preview the game at EA headquarters, never asked any questions regarding what was LEFT OUT of the game. You cant tell me they didnt notice that player editing wasnt in....but you never saw an interviewer asking why such a HUGE factor was left out of the game again, inexcusably. And when asked about player editing directly, the mods just said " I couldnt find, but it may be in"...BS. OS seems like by far the best as far as not being under EA's thumb....but some of the other sites....its pretty obvious.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think those sites/mags do reach a wider audience, but like you said, there hands are probably tied. I'm sure they get a lot of perks from EA and aren't going to be willing to sever those ties. Just a guess though.
Stop making excuses man...IGN already did 1 article..

Gamepro just posted that NBA Live article so we see they are not scared of EA.

Just stop with all the excuses. First it was "Ahh.. MM,MN, or OS is too small..EA will never hear them."

Now when someone says "What if IGN or gamepro goes public with this " you come back with "Well they are to scared to hurth their relationship with EA."

The first bullet was hot already and trust me EA doesn't want to get a bad rap around the gaming industry. For the past 5 years most if not ALL Gaming websites/Magazines were on EA ballz like no other.

Once people start to realize a trend of lazyness in your product they will not be fooled anymore.

Plain and simple.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #24
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I have been thinking all year long, how "weird" it is/was that NONE of the big Madden sites, mostly directed to those who got to preview the game at EA headquarters, never asked any questions regarding what was LEFT OUT of the game. You cant tell me they didnt notice that player editing wasnt in....but you never saw an interviewer asking why such a HUGE factor was left out of the game again, inexcusably. And when asked about player editing directly, the mods just said " I couldnt find, but it may be in"...BS. OS seems like by far the best as far as not being under EA's thumb....but some of the other sites....its pretty obvious.
That is why I love this site! Every year I kick myself because I don't wait for the ppl on this site to test a game inside out. That has definitely changed. EA has definitely killed video pro football on the next gen and it would take a MONUMENTAL effort that is near flawless to get me back!! It is just amazing that the best machine available didn't get the best effort by this company. I will be speaking with my wallet........closed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »