Home

Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

This is a discussion on Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #65
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fans of Live Lash Out at EA. Could this work for Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd90XB
I don't think that is the case. You may just be burnt out from moderating. Actually, I believe the problem is EA and their total lack of customer service. Do they even have a customer service department? No. Do they "actively" try to communicate with their customer base and improve as a company? No. I know many, and I mean many, people that have tried to communicate with EA in a very intelligent, rational and professional manner, but there is no one to talk to from EA other than tech support. Technical support and customer service are two completely different animals. Hopefully EA will understand that one day.

Many companies I buy from are constantly trying to improve. They send out questionaires to their customers. They provide excellent customer service. But that isn't the case with EA. EA actually encourages the consumer to visit gaming sites to try to find out news about what's going on with their games. That's sad and pathetic.

There is no doubt you get a lot of "EA Suxors" but a lot the blame for that can be placed at the feet of EA. They simply don't care about the voice of the consumer and it shows. They don't provide a medium for the consumer to speak to them so you'll get a lot more complaining about EA. That I feel sure of.
And for the people who say that they don't need good customer service because they "already have money", EA puts out a madden everyone year and they need all those customers to be able to afford putting out a game each year. They aren't going to go bankrupt anytime soon but it's never a good idea to piss of your customers.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #66
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Nothing is going to change in Madden when there is $100 million in sales the first week Madden is on the shelves. I give them props for sending the letter its just not going to change anything. At least there is another option for people who want a NBA game.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I have rarely seen any comment like that actually. Most comments on the situation are very thought out.
I agree. the "madden sux" are easy to spot. alot of the posts are extremely rational.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 21

People used to complain hard about Triple Play, and it got shelved for MVP. People used to complain hard about MLB 2k, and based on what I read in the new IGN article, that series is going to improve. People complained hard about NHL from EA, and that series has now been dramatically improved. People are complaining hard about NBA Live, and I have no doubt that series is also going to improve.

Why is Tiburon, the makers of Madden, the only ones with their heads stuck in the sand?
Old 10-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Why is Tiburon, the makers of Madden, the only ones with their heads stuck in the sand?
Because Madden still makes a ton of money.

I can't speak about the other games aside from Triple Play. The only reason Triple Play went through a huge overhaul was that sales plumetted drastically over a 3-4 year period.

I think MLB2K hiring EA's former PM for MVP Baseball was a good move. Whether that translates into a good game or not remains to be seen. Last year's version needed a major overhaul IMO to become a good playing game.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

I had all kinds of ideas on how to improve Madden but it's just not worth writing it up, EA is rolling in the dough and the management is securely cloistered in their ivory towers. The only thing that will likely change the direction of Madden is a major rollover in upper management at EA, and that aint about to happen anytime soon.

Honestly, I think the only hope for the fans of realistic videogame football is that EA expands Head Coach into a full fleged "Madden-like" game.

(I do think the moderation on these boards could be more moderate, I've stopped making new threads and attempts at humor due to being on the verge of banning, I've honestly tried to contribute with teh funny and actual content here and been squelched for some very piddly crap. Overmoderation is stifling.)

Old 10-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
(I do think the moderation on these boards could be more moderate, I've stopped making new threads and attempts at humor due to being on the verge of banning, I've honestly tried to contribute with teh funny and actual content here and been squelched for some very piddly crap. Overmoderation is stifling.)
Have you PM'ed the mod you're having the problem (like I don't know who that is) with to discuss these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #72
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Well, from reading the interview over at IGN concerning MLB2K7, it looks like MLB got kinda pissed at TT over MLB2K6. So with the threat of losing the MLB license, TT went out and got dude from the MVP series. Nothing like a lil' pressure to make a company re-think it's position. Now if the NFL had the balls to do something like that to EA................................................ ........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »