Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Some will say yes. From what I've heard people say about 2K5 and the mere fact that people are STILL playing it...one would have to award 2K5 the title of best football game of the last 5 years.

Me personally, I didn't like it. I just don't like that football engine. It's not as second nature to me as Madden's engine was/is. I'm too old to learn a new control scheme, and I never really liked how 2K5 played.

With that said, I really tried very hard to like 2K5, because the TV style presentation was among the best I've ever seen in a video game. I wanted to like it and wanted to play it...but in the end, I just couldn't make myself enjoy that football engine.
I think NCAA 2004 was the best football game in general in the last 5 years but EA really need to innovate on their football games. I think better player interaction and online leagues would be a good place to start.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #50
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

This is the first year in my life that the game has existed that I havent bought the new Madden. If they want $50 from me, they need to actually do some work besides marginally upgrading the rosters.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played. I think you're seeing a lot of negative criticism towards it because people love to knock the king of mountain down. It's the "cool thing to do".

It's called the vocal minority...and that's what we have here. The people who like this game world wide FAR outweighs those of you who are unhappy with it.
Wow..I'd love to be on the planet you are living on..ppl are negative just because Madden is on top..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 03:32 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

This Madden did not impress me like 2K did when it came out for the dreamcast. There really wasn't a wow factor for this year. The graphics were good, but there wasn't anything special in my eyes. The gameplay has countless bugs and EA chooses to never fix them. How do you have your DB's getting picked over the middle on crossing patterns and not catch this. Or have the PA bomb work so good. I want to have champ bailey and know that he will shut down a WR and you will have to work to get those yards. They make all the defenders play the same.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #53
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
This Madden did not impress me like 2K did when it came out for the dreamcast. There really wasn't a wow factor for this year. The graphics were good, but there wasn't anything special in my eyes. The gameplay has countless bugs and EA chooses to never fix them. How do you have your DB's getting picked over the middle on crossing patterns and not catch this. Or have the PA bomb work so good. I want to have champ bailey and know that he will shut down a WR and you will have to work to get those yards. They make all the defenders play the same.
Guys, you do have an option. Go out and pick up a used Xbox or PS2 or even a Gamecube and get one of the current gen versions. Fatique works perfectly, control is much better, and there is also a full featured franchise mode that even has announcers. Yeah, it doesn't look as good, but it's a much better game.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #54
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Guys, you do have an option. Go out and pick up a used Xbox or PS2 or even a Gamecube and get one of the current gen versions. Fatique works perfectly, control is much better, and there is also a full featured franchise mode that even has announcers. Yeah, it doesn't look as good, but it's a much better game.
Don't forget PC version as well.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #55
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

That's right, the PC version is very good. If you have the right kind of video card, it looks awesome and has the same features as found in the the current-gen games. Fatigue is a non issue as well.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Wow..I'd love to be on the planet you are living on..ppl are negative just because Madden is on top..
Hah, and you don't think that's the case? It's the same reason people bash Kobe Bryant, USC Football, Tiger Woods, the NY Yankees, Duke basketball, and the NE Patriots. People in general love to bash whoever is on top. It's human nature, my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »