Home

Madden PS3 Footage

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Footage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Madden PS3 Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I still love how the inflatable helmet is in the middle of the field instead of connected to a tunnel, so all the players just come out of nowhere. Great job EA!!!
Details, details.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I haven't seen any morphing or QB's dropping back the wrong way in my game.

It's the same game, maybe cleaned up a little, but that video is identical to the 360 version. I would have thought it was the 360 version, if not for the PS3 controls popping up on passing plays.
I think the morphing is called "graphical clipping" - didn't see it in the vid at all. We didn't see much QB drop backs in the vid, but I know in my 360 game I've seen the QB drop back while looking at the opposite end zone - doesn't happen all the time, just noticeable when it happens. I have Madden 360 but haven't picked it up in a while so my view should be taken w/a grain of salt. I thought the PS3 version looked slightly smoother. You can tell they tried to clean up some of the zombie walking post-play and some of the movement in general. There also looked to be a few additional cutscenens to convey emotion lol. The fact that players don't look like they're skating as much is what was most noticeable to me. Still there, just not as noticeable.

I agree with you, it looks more or less just like the 360 version. But it should be expected that it'll likely be slightly better. Unfortunately emphasis has to be placed on the word "slightly"

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #11
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think the morphing is called "graphical clipping" - didn't see it in the vid at all. We didn't see much QB drop backs in the vid, but I know in my 360 game I've seen the QB drop back while looking at the opposite end zone - doesn't happen all the time, just noticeable when it happens. I have Madden 360 but haven't picked it up in a while so my view should be taken w/a grain of salt. I thought the PS3 version looked slightly smoother. You can tell they tried to clean up some of the zombie walking post-play and some of the movement in general. There also looked to be a few additional cutscenens to convey emotion lol. The fact that players don't look like they're skating as much is what was most noticeable to me. Still there, just not as noticeable.

I agree with you, it looks more or less just like the 360 version. But it should be expected that it'll likely be slightly better. Unfortunately emphasis has to be placed on the word "slightly"
Gotcha.. I know what you mean.

Honestly, I was expecting more for the PS3 version though. But I don't know why.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #12
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Gotcha.. I know what you mean.

Honestly, I was expecting more for the PS3 version though. But I don't know why.
Exactly.....why????

When in the history of multi-platform Madden has it ever really been different on one system from another. When has it ever been so much better on one system (of the same generation) that it made you wish you had the better version?

Genesis / SNES? No
PSX / Saturn? Not really
PS2 / XBOX? 6 one, half a dozen the other

Seriously people, we just continue to come full circle with each new generation. It's the song that never ends for crying out loud.

For all intents and purposes Madden has always been the exact same game on multi platforms and it will continue to be this way for eternity.

Figure it out already

Ok, I guess you could argue that with the first release of Madden on the N64 (no NFL license) people wished they had it for the psx or saturn.

Last edited by Wilk5280; 10-19-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
Exactly.....why????

When in the history of multi-platform Madden has it ever really been different on one system from another. When has it ever been so much better on one system (of the same generation) that it made you wish you had the better version?

Genesis / SNES? No
PSX / Saturn? Not really

Seriously people, we just continue to come full circle with each new generation. It's the song that never ends for crying out loud.

For all intents and purposes Madden has always been the exact same game on multi platforms and it will continue to be this way for eternity.

Figure it out already
I think it was because I keep hearing PS3, PS3, yada, yada, yada. I guess I thought EA would actually work on the title for the 4 months that they had to get it out. Guess I was wrong.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 10-19-2006, 08:55 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

Yeah it does look slightly smoother, but it's only about a 5 min vid. I might not be Same game. A few annoying cut scenes are different but other than that same thing. I'm not a fan of the cut scenes because they do not match what happens after the cut scene passes and second they are a hindrance for the player on defense in 2 player games as all you can do is wait until the O player bypasses it. But then it's quick hike. You can't set up anything on D.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 AM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
Exactly.....why????

Genesis / SNES? No
PSX / Saturn? Not really

Figure it out already

Ok, I guess you could argue that with the first release of Madden on the N64 (no NFL license) people wished they had it for the psx or saturn.
I didn't expect PS3 Madden to look better, but I do remember how XBOX NFL 2K5 was better than the PS2 version. Better, more detailed graphics on the XBOX, the ability to import music into your stadium, and actual video highlights as well. So it's not unprecendeted or completely out of the realm to believe it could be better. But I would doubt that the first Madden on a NEW system would be better than a Madden that came out on the 360 a couple months prior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #16
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

LB...what do you mean the cut scenes don't match...I understand they may not match after the play...but they seem to match pre-play...like when the QB or WR are walking to the line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »