Home

Madden PS3 Footage

This is a discussion on Madden PS3 Footage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #65
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden PS3 Footage

1 things for sure: If you can do co-op in the PS3 version I won't be a happy camper.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's hard to see, but it sure looks to me like the C #57 and the RG #63 bring down Dansby simultaneously.
Hasn't this type of thing always happen in Madden though? This isn't the 'gang tackling' we all know of and want from the 2K series.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #67
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Meh, at the 4:06 mark, there is Dive play up the middle that displays the dreaded "already in a tackle animation, bulldoze over eveyone else" animation.

Not that I plan on getting the PS3 version of Madden since I already own the 360 version, I hope for others sake its not just the pre-canned animation we see at the 1 minute mark..that would be quite pathetic
Old 10-19-2006, 11:27 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Meh, at the 4:06 mark, there is Dive play up the middle that displays the dreaded "already in a tackle animation, bulldoze over eveyone else" animation.

Not that I plan on getting the PS3 version of Madden since I already own the 360 version, I hope for others sake its not just the pre-canned animation we see at the 1 minute mark..that would be quite pathetic
Yup, I saw the same thing. I wouldn't get my hopes up people. This is EA we're talking about.

EA=Prostitute. And we keep giving our money to her.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bottom line is that if we have to hunt for a gang tackle in a six minute video it's safe to say it's implemented pathetically. In a real football game especially on must running plays there is always a gang tackle of some sorts and it's very obvious.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #70
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Hasn't this type of thing always happen in Madden though? This isn't the 'gang tackling' we all know of and want from the 2K series.
That, my friend, is the question. What does EA mean by "gang tackling"? If it's the same as the current gen version (two defenders hit the ballcarrier simultaneously) it's no big deal. But if really turns out to be as described in the article (a defender hits a ballcarrier, and then two or more defenders can join in and redirect the bc), then it will be a fundamental change to the nature of the gameplay. We will see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »