Home

Old xboxer's opinion on Madden 07...

This is a discussion on Old xboxer's opinion on Madden 07... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Old xboxer's opinion on Madden 07...

I just recenly upgraded from my xbox to the 360...I'm lovin' every minute of it without a doubt. I've been a fan of Madden since the genesis days and was looking forward to the "next gen" version that I had seen in action so many times in video's etc.

Well I just finished a week with it and there are things that are way more cool and things that just leave me baffled. First off I love the look of the stadiums and field's and all that goes with it! The lighting and animations are much better to me than the current gen and this is by far the best part of the game...which is quite sad. I do find the choppiness/jerkiness between plays pretty sad and unpolished but I haven't experienced any lock-up's or anything. I do really think they should have spent the time to clean that up as it just looks bad.

I was completely disappointed in the create a player mode and basically the whole edit player abilities, or lack thereof. I've always enjoyed creating a superstar player of myself and juicing the stats a bit just to have that edge with that particular player...you can't do that off the hop with this version as it doesn't seem to allow you to edit your players ratings. Not a big thing but bothersome none the less a feature I enjoyed in other versions.

The presentation is sad. I don't what more to say about it. I do enjoy the bantering on the field and all the little sly comments made but they do little to distract the stale game endings. I also don't see another fav feature which is the "save game" option. I'm often ripped from a game because the cat's on fire or wife's water broke and hate that I have to bail on the game I'm playing and redo it later. I haven't finished a season yet or won a superbowl but I hear that it's disappointing, and the sense of winning the big game is not present at all.

So without getting to anymore little annoyances I am very glad to have this game. I love the core gameplay itself and find it much more entertaining and PERTY than any other version I've played. I sincerely hope that next year's version is polished and presented in a way that the game deserves. No more half *** excuses for why features are or aren't there. I really hope they are already working HARD to ensure that this happens. I'd love to makes threats to say that if they don't it won't sell next year but who are we kidding? This game is still the only football game out there and I hope EA doesn't take advantage of that any longer and releases a footballer for the ages! Please make it so!!!

Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »