Home

Question about Online Patch and Roster Updates

This is a discussion on Question about Online Patch and Roster Updates within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Question about Online Patch and Roster Updates

I'm thinking about ditching my xbox and getting an xbox 360. I don't want to make this switch though until I'm ready to quit playing the xbox version of Madden and switch to the 360 Madden. I don't want to do this unless I know I get access to the online patch and the roster updates.

Are these updates both available on the free "silver" xbox live or do you have to pay for an xbox live membership to get these? Also, is there any way of getting roster updates that others have made onto the 360 with just the free live membership?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Question about Online Patch and Roster Updates

You can get the patch with Silver, but you need the Gold for EA's updates. I suggest getting a Memory Unit ($39.99) and the transfer kit ($14.99) and using the rosters from this site by MV1, they're real good. He has one that is up-to-date as of 9-14-06, that's what i'm using, but he is currently working on another one. I'll just stick to the 9-14-06 update since i've already started my Franchise and SS.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Also, is there are workaround for the HOF glitch in franchise mode? The HOF and fatigue issues seem to be the two gamekillers, so if there is a patch and workaround for these two, I don't see any reason not to switch.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

Everyone makes it out to be all complicated, but it's very simple. You just need to save the HOFers to one roster and keep a HOF-free roster that you will load up before starting a Franchise or SS. Once you have started a Franchise or SS with a roster that does not contain HOFers, there will never be any HOFers in your Franchise or SS.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #5
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Ok sounds easy enough.

The only thing I see being a problem is roster updates. I have no intention of buying xbox live gold membership, but it stinks that I don't have access to the roster updates. I used sharkport for PS2 and xport for xbox to get updates in the past... is there anything like this for 360 which people post rosters for download online? If so, whats the most widely used one?

I've found the "transfer unit" from Datel by searching online. Is this the transfer unit everyone is talking about? Do people post the official EA roster updates online that you can get using this transfer unit? If so, this is definitely the way to go if you don't want to get a live membership.

Last edited by Bondsfan; 10-24-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Ok sounds easy enough.

The only thing I see being a problem is roster updates. I have no intention of buying xbox live gold membership, but it stinks that I don't have access to the roster updates. I used sharkport for PS2 and xport for xbox to get updates in the past... is there anything like this for 360 which people post rosters for download online? If so, whats the most widely used one?

I've found the "transfer unit" from Datel by searching online. Is this the transfer unit everyone is talking about? Do people post the official EA roster updates online that you can get using this transfer unit? If so, this is definitely the way to go if you don't want to get a live membership.
Certian months they let people try out xbox live for free for a couple of days. If you have the internet it shouldn't be abig deal. That or buy xbox live for one month. It is cheaper than buying the transfer kit and all. Are you getting the premium 360? I suggest you do.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Ok sounds easy enough.

Same here, I use the Sharkport on my PS2 to get roster updates for all my sports games and to get named draft classes from NCAA to use in Madden. And yes, the Datel Transfer Kit is what we use on the Xbox 360, it's $14.99. Like Fu Man Ching said, one month of Gold Live is cheaper than the kit, but the kit will last for the life of the 360, so you can use it for all your games from now on. One month of Live will only last, well, one month. If/when you get a 360 and decide to get a Memory Unit and Transfer kit, check out this link before you use the program that comes with the Transfer Kit. The program that comes with the kit requires you to copy the entire image of the Memory Unit. This other program, Xplorer360, allows you to transfer individual saves. Just have to read these instructions carefully, it sounds a little bit confusing at first, but once you figure it out it is really, really simple.

http://360gamesaves.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1013

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »