Home

We may have to pay to "EDIT PLAYERS" next year...

This is a discussion on We may have to pay to "EDIT PLAYERS" next year... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: We may have to pay to "EDIT PLAYERS" next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Wrong...Some items are only available through microtransactions! Secondly, this is just starting a slippery slope...only going to get worse.
Keyword is "Some". Like Fossen stated, if you want HOF'ers, you can unlock them (or purchase them). I'm sure there are other things you have to purchase, but I don't know what they are as they obviously didn't interest me.

It COULD start a slippery slope, but we don't know that yet. It wouldn't surprise me if EA (or every other company for that matter) had people pay for rosters, but until it gets to that point, there's no reason to speculate and whine. There will be enough of that if it happens.

Check out the arcade game Lummines. I think Microsoft made it. I purchased the game, played one of the modes and then it stopped with a message stating "To play more levels on this mode, you have to purchase the expansion pack. It will be released shortly".

Last edited by mjb2124; 11-03-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #10
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah, you can't really say EA's to blame for this solely. 2K's Reelmaker for NBA 2K7 is a prime example...a feature that would've been sweet if it was in the game out of the box, but fairly useless if you have to cough up M$ points for it...or what about GRAW's overpriced expansion pack? That had too many people up in arms.

And Alternate Jerseys? Unless it's NBA 2K7, where you can unlock them through a code (although this may not happen in the future), forget about 'em being out of the box...it's tons of money waiting to be made for both Microsoft and the gaming companies.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Yeah, you can't really say EA's to blame for this solely. 2K's Reelmaker for NBA 2K7 is a prime example...a feature that would've been sweet if it was in the game out of the box, but fairly useless if you have to cough up M$ points for it...or what about GRAW's overpriced expansion pack? That had too many people up in arms.

And Alternate Jerseys? Unless it's NBA 2K7, where you can unlock them through a code (although this may not happen in the future), forget about 'em being out of the box...it's tons of money waiting to be made for both Microsoft and the gaming companies.
The thing about the Reelmaker is that it's a new concept...... something that I don't recall being in a console basketball game.

In this case, EA is just charging us for stuff we got for free previously.....
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love football games, but if this is the direction EA is going to go (taking away features & then charge for them) I'm not going to be purchasing an EA football game. I know just one person not willing to put up with this kind of garbage doesn't make that much of a difference, but I'm just fed up with this.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Please don't ruin a good tirade with logic.
Haha, touche.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Keyword is "Some". Like Fossen stated, if you want HOF'ers, you can unlock them (or purchase them). I'm sure there are other things you have to purchase, but I don't know what they are as they obviously didn't interest me.

It COULD start a slippery slope, but we don't know that yet. It wouldn't surprise me if EA (or every other company for that matter) had people pay for rosters, but until it gets to that point, there's no reason to speculate and whine. There will be enough of that if it happens.

Check out the arcade game Lummines. I think Microsoft made it. I purchased the game, played one of the modes and then it stopped with a message stating "To play more levels on this mode, you have to purchase the expansion pack. It will be released shortly".
Lumines was originally a PSP game and cost somewhere around $40. Assuming they get the other stuff released, I think it's still less than that - and we get more features. It's a bad example to use for the paying for features thing. They could... and probably should have released it as a full normal game instead of putting it on live. I don't think it compares to the idea of paying for Madden features - especially ones we're used to having.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #15
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I hate and love the MS Marketplace at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2006, 10:10 AM   #16
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
So get use to it!! This is part of NextGEN
Nope not me...If they try to extort us again next year after we spend $60.00 for their game,,,,screw them!!!

I have owned every Madden since 89 and the way EA is handling their buisness is ridiculous...I will not be buying another Madden.

(please someone say "Then dont buy it!!" )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »