Home

Where are the Madden 07 PS3 impressions?

This is a discussion on Where are the Madden 07 PS3 impressions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:36 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: Where are the Madden 07 PS3 impressions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
The game is just a slight refinement of what I consider an incomplete game on both systems. EA really need to step it up or they're going to lose a lot of their fan base next year.

No they won't...that's what the most frustrating part of the whole exclusivity deal is. Each year the game sets new records for sales; it's not about quality or improvement, it's about marketing and hordes of overly blindly loyal fans. And EA exploits that better than anyone.

I was wondering myself about what PS3 owners thought about the system and PS3 Madden...not that it matters since I don't have $600.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2006, 01:40 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
I've heard that resolution wise the ps3 isn't that great. At best it's not the "far and away better machine" it's been hyped up to be. From what I've heard they're about even. I think ps3 madden gets the nod because of the extra dev time to add the new features. But I don't think it's stuff you couldn't do on the 360.
I read a pretty serious breakdown of the two machines the other day. I'd link it but I don't remember exactly where I saw it. There was a bunch of tech stuff in it that flew above my head, but I did get the gist of it. Basically the PS3 has more potential CPU muscle than the 360 but it's much harder to develop for so it may be years, if ever, before developers can utilize it all. And the 360 has a better GPU architecture so it has more graphics potential. The PS3 blu-ray is nice but it probably won't make much difference as far as games are concerned.

Anyway, the bottom line is each system has strengths and weaknesses so you probably won't see much difference between the two systems in most games.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:15 AM   #27
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
I read a pretty serious breakdown of the two machines the other day. I'd link it but I don't remember exactly where I saw it. There was a bunch of tech stuff in it that flew above my head, but I did get the gist of it. Basically the PS3 has more potential CPU muscle than the 360 but it's much harder to develop for so it may be years, if ever, before developers can utilize it all. And the 360 has a better GPU architecture so it has more graphics potential. The PS3 blu-ray is nice but it probably won't make much difference as far as games are concerned.

Anyway, the bottom line is each system has strengths and weaknesses so you probably won't see much difference between the two systems in most games.
I'm a 360 owner who will end up getting a Wii before year end and a PS3 when it can be justified financially. My take on the whole debate over which one can be better? I find that the reviews of the PS3 launch games serves as a perfect example of what I was thinking all along. The PS3 is an SOB to develop for. Not only is the hardware that much tougher to figure out, the 360 has much better development tools at the developers' disposal.

This is playing out in alot of the multi-platform games. Games that look and run smoothly on the 360 are chugging along on the PS3. The first-party (or second-party i.e. Insomniac) games are faring much better at this point. This will of course all change, but will it happen in time to make a difference?

No doubt the PS3 has more potential. But there are widespread reports of technical issues that are scaring the sh*t outta me, and are going to end up making the 360's early technical hiccups look like nothing in comparison to what the early adopters of the PS3's are in for.

As for Madden? I think that this dispels the notion that EA is in bed with Sony, but if there was a genuine effort on the part of EA to make the PS3 version of Madden superior to the 360's, then Sony should get out of that bed now.

There are alot of analysts that are predicting that the 360 will come out on top by a significant margin in this hardware battle. I'm indifferent, but concerned with these predictions, if they hold true. Sony NEEDS the PS3 to be successful, due to their little-publicisized financial troubles. For those reasons, WE need the PS3 to be successful. The news that MS is looking to buy Capcom is NOT good news. Microsoft and monopoly are two words I do not want to see together anymore than I do in another industry, but if MS starts swallowing up large game companies, that's exactly what will happen.

We're in for a worl of hurt at that point.

p.s. I LOVE my 360, before anyone even attempts to call me a Sony fanboy. Save that for when it applies to someone else.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #28
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

The PS3 Madden will never be better than the 360 Madden. (there may be slight changes) but EA will never have two different teams working on the same title, double the cost when you could just be cheap. The only games that you will be able to see a big difference are the games that are only on PS3, i guess time will tell, but i dont see EA making two different games.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was lucky enough to get a PS3, Madden, and NBA 2K7.

The controls are not identical to the PS2, so there is a learning curve.
I have never played the 360 version, so i can't really compare and contrast the two versions.

I have only played a couple of brief exhibitions,so there's a lot of learning to do. Figuring-out the online services of the PS3 takes a while for the laymen of the world.

I did some Bears vs Packers to start. No tattoo on Urlacher? Also the Bears jerseys look slightly "off", the Packers jerseys were very authentic.
Minutia, but a Next-gen game should be as detailed as the PS2 version.

Within 30 minutes, or so I was able to generate some offense, and play reasonable defense. The gameplay seems to be fairly smooth, the running game is nice, and my completion ratios seemed to be accurate.
I do not recall any gang tackling, but I will watch for this more closely today.

I would be happy to answer specific questions, but keep-in-mind that it takes a while to simply navigate around the game. Making a substitution (Benson for Jones), took quite a while to complete.

As an aside, the NBA 2K7 differences between the PS2 and PS3 are are far more slim than I had hoped....
Old 11-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Any word on the fatigue issue that was a problem on the 360 ? Has it been fixed and working correctly ?
Old 11-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

Check out this 1up review gentleman.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155330

Why does every EA sports game now have that maybe next year it will be real good feel to it?

Last edited by Pratt75; 11-18-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2006, 06:57 PM   #32
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Any word on the fatigue issue that was a problem on the 360 ? Has it been fixed and working correctly ?
In the reviews I read they said it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »