Home

Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
To this day I still think the "football logic" in NFL 2k5 is more realistic and just simply better than what is found in Madden. Like trying to catch the D in a nickel or dime and running the ball against it with some degree of success. that is REALISTIC and NFL 2k5 does a great job of portraying basic football elements like this into a videogame. But Madden just has a better FEEL than the 2k games. And 2K`s option to give your defensive line rushing assignments is really a MUST HAVE feature in future madden games.

However... I think the perfect football game would be Madden with 2k`s play calling and logic. What a dream come true that would be!
Some of the AI was quite poor in the 2K series. You could put 3 WRs on one side of the field and a zone defense would never adjust. A slot WR running a corner route was money because of it. The QB AI was brutal.

However, picking the defensive line stunt in addition to picking the play would really add a lot to the game. Of course, the presentation, gang tackling and player interaction in the trenches/blocking engine would all be improvements as well.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Some of the AI was quite poor in the 2K series. You could put 3 WRs on one side of the field and a zone defense would never adjust. A slot WR running a corner route was money because of it. The QB AI was brutal.
Some of the AI is quite poor in Madden too. In fact, its so poor in `06 that EA had to put in an AI cheat. In `06, the AI knows when you`re going to run and when you`re going to pass. When you`re running, the AI will put 8 men in the box. Atleast 2k5 doesn`t have an AI cheat.

Not to mention, Madden has a few money plays aswell and the corner routes don`t always work in 2k5 because you can tell your DBs to cover it. I mean, its just little things like this that made 2k5 a better 'GAME' than Madden but it still doesn`t have the feel Madden has. Even though Madden relies to heavily on GAMEY/ARCADISH aspects rather than REALISTIC elements I still like the game. I especially like the way the camera moves during play action. It really fakes you out pretty good.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This happens because it's zone coverage. In man coverage, obviously this wouldn't happen. Basic football 101.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
This happens because it's zone coverage. In man coverage, obviously this wouldn't happen. Basic football 101.
I think rudy meant that the D would never move into better position to cover 3 WRs when in a zone like they do in Madden. But in Madden all they do is make it LOOK like they`re in man to man but they`re actually in zone. And you can tell individual players in 2k5 to go into man to man coverage before the snap but I don`t think you can do this in Madden. The only thing you can do in Madden is adjust all the defensive backs at one time, you can`t give individual asignments like you can in 2k5.

Again... just another feature that made 2k slighty better than Madden as far as football strategy goes.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
I think rudy meant that the D would never move into better position to cover 3 WRs when in a zone like they do in Madden. But in Madden all they do is make it LOOK like they`re in man to man but they`re actually in zone. And you can tell individual players in 2k5 to go into man to man coverage before the snap but I don`t think you can do this in Madden. The only thing you can do in Madden is adjust all the defensive backs at one time, you can`t give individual asignments like you can in 2k5.

Again... just another feature that made 2k slighty better than Madden as far as football strategy goes.
I know what he meant. But it isn't the fault of the AI. It's the fault of the playcaller. All you have to do is pay attention to the packages that the offense uses and then select your defensive play. If the offense calls a offensive set with 4 WRs and 1 RB, then don't call a 3-4 zone defense and expect them to line up over each receiver. It just ain't happenin.

Not trying to be harsh... just trying to state the obvious.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 32

Look, this thread is about Madden Wii, not Madden vs. 2k5. Get it back on topic STAT or it's getting locked.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I know what he meant. But it isn't the fault of the AI. It's the fault of the playcaller. All you have to do is pay attention to the packages that the offense uses and then select your defensive play. If the offense calls a offensive set with 4 WRs and 1 RB, then don't call a 3-4 zone defense and expect them to line up over each receiver. It just ain't happenin.
You can still call a Dime defense against 4 WRs with three split out wide and they still line up with 2 DBs on either side of the field and don't shift over. You can never call a zone in any package in 2K5 against three receivers on one side of the field. Sorry about the sidetrack.

Back to Madden Wii: has anyone played Madden using the classic controller and not the motion sensored one? I'm curious as to how it would play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm currently playing ESPN 2K5 on Xbox and enyoying it very much. So, on Xbox I don't see the need for Madden 07 but I will be getting myself a Wii and on that system the diffrent experience might warrant buying a nother football game.

Anyway, on current gen Xbox madden has gotten good rviews and user feedback. On Wii it has also gotten good reviews and seems very fun. My concern is the game is all about offense on Wii and that you get a better simulation of NFL with Madden 07 on current gen Xbox than on the Wii. What do you guys who have the Wii say about that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »