Home

Does ANYONE actually like the one block playcalling over the 3-block from last gen?

This is a discussion on Does ANYONE actually like the one block playcalling over the 3-block from last gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Does ANYONE actually like the one block playcalling over the 3-block from last gen?

Everytime I decide to give the 360 versions of NCAA and Madden another try, the first thing that makes me hate those games is the playcalling system. I know there is a bluff mode when playing against another player but I still hate it.

First thing I would do for next years games is bring back the old system. In NCAA 06, you could potentially call 9 different plays. Its the little things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does ANYONE actually like the one block playcalling over the 3-block from last ge

I agree completely. It's the one thing I always forget about when I try to play Madden 360. Not only is it cumbersome to quickly select formations/plays, there is also a slight delay when trying to move around. I attribute that to the frame rate problem though...

On another note, can you select audibles on the fly like you can on the original Xbox version? I didn't see an option for it on the 360. That was a great way to run a Manning-like offense.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Does ANYONE actually like the one block playcalling over the 3-block from last ge

I prefer the old version but thats just me, maybe they should give you the option on which one you want to use.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I like the old version better.

Who the hell at EA said "Lets make only 1 navagation box for the players to select plays with".

WTF. Bring back the 4 boxes so we can pick on the fly without having to scroll 1 by 1.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I hate the new play selection process. Why on earth did they feel the need to change this? It's been the same since the SNES/Genesis days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I like the old way !
Old 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I am glad to see this thread because I feel like all of ya'll. I was pissed when I saw this also. I got used to the single box, but I do not like it. PLEASE EA CHANGE IT BACK OR GIVE US THE OPTION!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

This is one of the issues that's scary about the Madden development team to me. All the years they had developing the game, the tons of suggestions I'm sure they've received, and they went with an impractical playcalling system that does nothing other than showing off the graphics. It's like there was no consideration whatsoever about H2H play.

I guess they can get around the issue by assigning buttons to each play window, but to not have taken that into consideration is ridiculous. It's like taking a step backwards on purpose

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »