Home

I hate to say it but....

This is a discussion on I hate to say it but.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
I hate to say it but....

PS3 Version.

This is the best Madden I've played.

Man after 3 weeks of playing this game is a good game especially if you play against SIM people. Man there is so much s*** you can't get away with if your playing the PS2 version.

The number 1 thing I like about Next Gen Madden is the tackling and how you have to get your angles and pursuit in line before tackling. Also the gang tackles even though limited add ALOT to the defensive side. I don't know how many times I stopped my oppenent from getting a big 1st down with a 2 man tackle. Hopefully EA goes all out for 2008 and builds onto this.

The momentum in this game makes it very realistic. No more stopping on a dime since each cut you have to plant with your foot.

Don't get me wrong there are problems with the game but I can live with it. Hopefully EA adds QB specific drop backs and more Player Specific running styles.

Last edited by djordan; 12-06-2006 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I hate to say it but....

I'm assuming you meant the PS3 version of the game, not PS2...

Sounds cool. I hope they build on it next year as well.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I'm assuming you meant the PS3 version of the game.
I'm thinking the same thing. Is there any possible way you could go into a little more detail about the gang tackles?
Is it a more canned type of animation? or are you able to get in on the tackle while the guy is locked up by another defender (ala 2k5)
Thanks for the impressions.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I'm thinking the same thing. Is there any possible way you could go into a little more detail about the gang tackles?
Is it a more canned type of animation? or are you able to get in on the tackle while the guy is locked up by another defender (ala 2k5)
I say its 25% canned.

If you get the ball carrier in a wrap tackle and highlight another defender and bring him over from the left side about 75% of the time the defender that just came will assit with the tackle.It happens so quick though that it may look canned but its not. Like I said this makes me very very happy to see because I believe EA will add on to this and tune it up. I hope EA makes the animation smoother though.

To sum it up yes you can get in on a tackle when he is locked up.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #5
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I say its 25% canned.

If you get the ball carrier in a wrap tackle and highlight another defender and bring him over from the left side about 75% of the time the defender that just came will assit with the tackle.It happens so quick though that it may look canned but its not. Like I said this makes me very very happy to see because I believe EA will add on to this and tune it up. I hope EA makes the animation smoother though.

To sum it up yes you can get in on a tackle when he is locked up.
Right on bro... Thanks alot. I just hope (which I'm sure it will) this will be implemented for the 360 version.
One more question (if you don't mind)..... if lets say your de gets in for a sack,and the lb comes in to "help finish him off" is credit given for 1/2 of a sack?
Bummer though..........no hand towels huh?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Right on bro... Thanks alot. I just hope (which I'm sure it will) this will be implemented for the 360 version.
One more question (if you don't mind)..... if lets say your de gets in for a sack,and the lb comes in to "help finish him off" is credit given for 1/2 of a sack?
Bummer though..........no hand towels huh?
I haven't checked that out yet. ?I will when I get on next time.

STILL NO DAMN HAND TOWELS...IM TELLING YOU MAN..lol...EA SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE IN MADDEN 2007.

Funny thing is I can't find the quote no where....lol
Old 12-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #7
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

i play 2k5 A LOT

there are many times when you CAN NOT engage in part of the tackes

fyi

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »